Calendar doesn't update on home page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar doesn't update on home page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Angela McFarland
    Participant

Today is the 29th and my home page still showing events from the 19th thru 27th. They don’t change after event ends and it buries current events. Recurring events at the top stay fixed with the old date and I was expecting them to end and the new event to simply re-appear chronologically. What gives?

Barry

Hi!

So it looks to me like the events in question have an end date that is still in the future – for instance you have one event that runs from June 19, 2013 – July 10, 2013. Since people could still potentially go and join this (it hasn’t ended yet) it still displays as an upcoming event.

Remember that if it is a single day event that happens to recur every day for a week then you should set it up so that:

* The start and end date are the same
    * The recurrence pattern itself should end a week later
    * Set it to daily

By contrast, if you set it up in this fashion:

* The start date is today and the end date is one week from now
    * And the recurrence pattern is also set to end a week later
    * It recurs daily

Then you will have 7 instances of the event, each a week long in duration and by day 7 there will be 7 concurrent instances. I know that can be a little confusing, but with the exception of one or two special cases the solution is to use the approach in my first example (have the event start and end dates set to the same date – and set the recurrence end date to the end of the pattern).

Does that help/clarify things at all?

Chris
    Participant

This reply is private.

Chris
    Participant

Hi there,
    We haven’t heard from you in a while, so I’m going to close this one. Feel free to open a new ticket if you need help 🙂

-Chris

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar doesn't update on home page’ is closed to new replies.