Calendar colour changes when I enable Events Calendar PRO

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar colour changes when I enable Events Calendar PRO

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Steve
    Participant

Hi. I’ve recently purchased Events Calendar PRO and am having an issue with the calendar colours being overwritten when it’s enabled. I’ve attached 2 images, one is how I want it to look (looks fine using the free version), and the second image is how it looks once the PRO plugin has been enabled.

Viewing the calendar page with the pro version enabled shows me the original (correct) colours for a split second before it overwrites them with the darker colours.

The main issue I have with this is that it’s made the title bar dark and it’s difficult to read the day text.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
    Steve.

Cliff

Hi Steve.

Thanks for the screenshots.

If you provide me a link to your site, I should be able to help you better understand what’s happening.

Steve
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Thanks for that link.

The coloring is coming from the CSS generated by PRO’s Color Customizer. Did you use it? If not, maybe you could try using it to get the colors you’re wanting.

Steve
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

I do use this but I can’t see where I change the dark grey colour for the day headings.

Steve.

Steve
    Participant

Also, if you look at the events calendar in month view you see that I use the ‘events caterogy colors’ plugin. This works when you view the month view initially (for a split second) before it gets overwritten with the grey colour.

So everything looks fine (day heading and category colors) and then it quickly gets overwritten buy more css that changes everything grey (as visible in the original screen shots I sent).

Cliff

The Events Calendar Category Colors plugin is a third-party plugin (not from us, not guaranteed or updated/supported by us).

Therefore, please post at their support forum regarding this issue.

From what I saw at your site, the PRO Color Customizer generates a bunch of CSS within a <style> tag directly to the page (not loading a separate .css file).

I’d guess that the TECCC plugin either needs to make its CSS more specific or needs to have a later loading order. They’d be the ones to determine the fix, and they should have a copy of our PRO version to test against.

Thanks for your understanding.

Steve
    Participant

Right, I’ve removed the TECCC plugin for now (to avoid confusion) and I’m still gettting the problem with the title days row.

Light grey background when I use the free TEC plugin and then overwritten with a dark grey version when I switch on TEC PRO plugin. Again this can be seen when you first go onto the events calendar page and and the light grey background shows up very quickly before being overwritten by the darker colour.

Steve.

Cliff

Thanks for understanding about TECCC.

http://discover.renaissancetest.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/resources/css/tribe-events-full.min.css is making the text color #333, dark gray, and your color customizations make the background and borders #464646, dark gray (overriding #ddd, light gray)

You could add this custom CSS yourself:

body.post-type-archive-tribe_events #tribe-events-content.tribe-events-month .tribe-events-calendar thead th {
    color: white;
    }

You can add custom CSS code via your child theme’s style.css file or via a plugin like Simple Custom CSS or, my favorite, Jetpack. Jetpack supports regular CSS and the LESS and Sass pre-processors.

If you’re not a CSS expert, Jetpack’s Custom Design reference may prove helpful.

Please let me know how it goes for you.

Steve
    Participant

Thanks, will take a look at this. Can you tell me the reason why this works for the free version but doesn’t for the pro version?

Steve.

Steve
    Participant

Or let me rephrase that, Why this is only an issue with the pro version and not the free version?

Thanks,
    Steve.

Cliff

As you know, when PRO is deactivated, its custom color settings aren’t active either.

However, I’m guessing you have your Display Settings > “Default stylesheet used for events templates” set to “Full Styles” (text color is #333 by default) instead of “Tribe Events Styles” (which overrides the #333 text color to be white by default).

Therefore, the issue could be your PRO custom colors aren’t jiving with the Full Styles (but might look nice with the Tribe Events Styles). You’ll need to determine the best look for your site.

I hope this helps.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar colour changes when I enable Events Calendar PRO’ is closed to new replies.