Calendar and Pro Version breaks Nivo Slider

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar and Pro Version breaks Nivo Slider

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Audra
    Participant

Hi all,

The update version breaks my slider on the home page. I tried to insert the code provided in one of the topics above, but then it broke the theme completely and I had do a whole site restore. Any other work arounds you all have come across?
    Thanks

Barry

Hi Audra – is this the workaround you used and if so could you share your modified theme’s functions.php file so we can take a peek and see if there were any obvious problems in terms of how and where it was added?

If that’s possible, please share any code via Pastebin or Gist: posting code directly in the forum isn’t currently a great idea as the forum software may accidentally eat some of it.

Audra
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

OK – and can you share your theme’s functions.php file as it would have looked when you added our snippet?

Audra
    Participant

it crashes the theme and sends me to an error page…line xxx error. I don’t want to crash it again by installing. Maybe I am putting it in the wrong place? I put it at the end of the code before the closing ?> thingy… maybe thats the problem?

Barry

I’m not sure and don’t want to offer a guess – can you share your actual code? You don’t actually have to modify your theme’s functions.php file, just make a copy of it then change it the way you did before so we can take a look at what you are doing.

Audra
    Participant
    Rob
    Participant

Same problem here. Just bumping this.

Audra
    Participant

…what does ‘bumping’ this mean? Sorry dont understand.

Rob
    Participant

Just an added comment here, that I followed the instructions on downgrading to version 3.1 of EC (not pro), and this solved my problem with the Nivo Slider. Hopefully, MT will get it worked out and I can upgrade to the latest version.

Barry

Same problem here. Just bumping this.

Please don’t bump, create a new thread of your own instead (and share any pertinent information there) 🙂

I think this is what I did. https://gist.github.com/anonymous/103361fe986b9626e91a

Thanks Audra. That certainly would cause a problem – you’ve got an extra <?php tag in there (right above add_action( ‘parse_query’, ‘tribe_fix_tag_query’ );) which you would need to remove.

Audra
    Participant

Ahh gotcha. Ok, where can I get the version 3.1 and I’ll give it a try.

Barry

You can download historic versions of the plugin here: https://theeventscalendar.com/downloads/

If you follow this route, pleas remember to also switch to the corresponding version of the free, core plugin (available on wordpress.org). Please also note we will not be able to offer quite as much support if you have further issues while using that version.

Audra
    Participant

Thanks! I can get the 3.1 pro version at the link you sent, but how can I get the other version of the free plugin? It takes me to the WordPress and only the 3.2 is available for download?

Barry
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar and Pro Version breaks Nivo Slider’ is closed to new replies.