Bulk Actions

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Bulk Actions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Annie Tandy
    Participant

When I choose multiple events, then use the Bulk Options drop down and choose Move to Trash (and click Apply) it doesn’t work. A blank screen comes up saying there’s an error moving them to the trash. Is there something going on with that function?

Thanks,
    Annie

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Annie,

Good question. That function should be working, it has been for me. But, it does depend a bit on how many events you are trying to trash. Does it still not work if you only select a couple?

If it’s not working for only 2 even we will need to test if a “conflict” is happening, and if so narrow it down so we can find a fix for it. This guide walks you through how to test for a conflict, and then identify what is conflicting.  What’s the result of this test, is there something interfering with our bulk delete that I could look into for you?

Cheers!

– Brook

Annie Tandy
    Participant

Right now I just tried deleting 10 events and received an error. They are actually just two events, but recurring. Then I tried deleting by selecting just two checkboxes and still got the error. So the guide that you sent me is basically saying that there must be a plugin conflict?

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Annie,

Thanks for testing that. Recurring events can take a bit longer to delete, they basically should be deleted all at once. If there are 10 recurrences attached to an event, all 10 should get deleted. Sometimes there are more recurrences than visible though, so you might be trying to delete 50 recurrences or more and not event know it.

I would try a plugin conflict if I were you. What could be happening is another plugin, or sometimes even a theme, can be really slowing down the server. When we try to run a bulk delete, which also slows down the server, it gets too slow and gives up. So temporarily disabling other things can cause things to run fast enough that it’s all good.

Can you try the conflict test? If it’s still not working with the conflict, would you mind trying to delete a couple of nonrecurring events and seeing if they work?

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Bulk Actions’ is closed to new replies.