Buggy next links

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Buggy next links

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Darah Fogarty
    Participant

The problem reported here:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/buggy-sub-nav-previous-next-events-links/
    Persists with the current version (3.1), embedded in a custom theme.
    The overall symptom is that the next link goes to a page with no events.

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hi aaslh,

I do see the problem that was reported in the previous thread. The link you provided goes to a site that doesn’t seem to have The Events Calendar plugin installed. And when I try to duplicate it on my local install, it seems to be working fine. This leads me to believe that it was addressed in the recent update. Did you try testing it with the default Twenty Eleven theme rather than your custom theme?

— Julie

Darah Fogarty
    Participant

This reply is private.

Darah Fogarty
    Participant

To keep this thread going, I just sent a private reply with a URL to our development server.

Darah Fogarty
    Participant

The problem seems to be related to this item in the URL of the href:
    &tribe-bar-date=Date
    If thats portion of the URL is removed, then the page of next events loads correctly.
    Further, it looks like that might not be an HTML link, but rather created by JavaScript, as this is the raw HTML:
    I’d actually prefer most of the JS to be disabled, and no JSON, so these are real web pages.

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hello again aaslh,

I got your message and checked it out. I see the problem you are describing. However, when I test it out on my local install, I can’t replicate it. Works fine there. Have you deactivated the other plugins and reverted to the default Twenty Eleven theme to see if there is a conflict? Also can you send the system information found under Events > Settings > Help? That will help us see what’s going on.

Let’s try that and go from there.

— Julie

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, aaslh. As it’s been more than a couple of weeks since your last post, I’m going to close this thread. Please feel free to open a new one if you choose to pursue this further.

Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Buggy next links’ is closed to new replies.