Bug: Updating Cart with non Tribe Event item empties the cart

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Bug: Updating Cart with non Tribe Event item empties the cart

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ameet
    Participant

We are using Tribe Event Tickets and trying to launch physical merch on the same woocommerce store. I have been running into some issues, when I add Merch items to my cart, on the Cart page, after I press Update Cart, the cart would get emptied out.

Here is the scenario:
    -Add a Community ticket to your cart. Add a phyiscal or (non Tribe Ticket line item) product to your cart.
    -In the cart, increase the Qty of the product. Press Update Cart

Expected:
    Both line items should be there with the update prices and quantity.

Actual:
    The Tribe Event Ticket is there, but the product is emptied out.
    —-

I’ve tried this now with ONLY merch items, and the Update Cart not empties out the cart. If I update the Ticket qty, the Tribe ticket is safe, but the other non Tribe Tickets get wiped out.

I tracked it down to this filter in Main.php of community-events-tickets
    add_filter( 'woocommerce_stock_amount_cart_item', array( $this, 'enforce_purchase_limit_on_update' ), 10, 2 );

If I comment that filter out, then the merch quanitities are preserved. I believe enforce_purchase_limit_on_update() function need to check whether $purchase_limit exists or not null since it seems to only apply to Tribe tickets and not all merch.

Please verify if you are seeing this behavior. I am commenting it out for a launch tomorrow. The risk will be that we will no longer be enforcing Ticket purchase limits, which sucks, but can wait till it is fixed.

LMK, thx

• This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Ameet. Reason: clarification
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Brian.
    Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having on this and thanks for providing so much information on the issue.

I was able to reproduce the issue as well.

I have created a high priority ticket for us to look into this and fix it.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Ameet
    Participant

Thx Brian,
    Really appreciate it. Looking forward to a patch soon!

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sounds good.

I am going to close this ticket to new replies, but the issue is still open and we will update this ticket once we release a fix.

This fix will not be in 4.0 so I would wait until we notify you hear that the newest release resolves your issue.

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and reference this one.

Thanks

Geoff

Hey Ameet,

Just jumping in to let you now that the patch for this issue is included in 4.0.1 and will be released shortly. Keep your eyes open for the update and please do let us know if any other issues pop up and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Bug: Updating Cart with non Tribe Event item empties the cart’ is closed to new replies.