Help Desk

Bug! Resizing the window changes date!

Been dealing with a bug since I got the plugin (in August), where resizing the window changes the date being viewed; it takes the viewer off of their selected date, and snaps them to today. Or, if they’ve selected another month, it snaps them to the 1st of that month. This happens on mobile (i.e. going from vertical to horizontal on an iPhone) or in resizing a browser window on desktop.

If you’d like to see a video of it in action, here it is:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v4f6nW4wsmrqLhjOETRCqm2Fu2Jyz2xv/view?usp=sharing

I’ve now hired 2 different developers to help. But, they’re unable. My last developer asked that I find out where in the js the resize event was. Here’s what he said:

“The resizing event is deep in the js, meaning the resizing event called by the plugin is using js file and i’m unable to locate that event as it’s a huge javascript file. can you talk to the developer and see if they can direct us to the exact file to be edited? i found the calender-js-min file in the js files but i didn’t find the function, but it must be reside in this file.”

So, can you help with that?

Please pretty please pretty please.

Thanks,
    Ivan

Hi There,

Can you also try testing for conflicts with your theme and other plugins? If you would prefer not to do this on your live site, WP Staging will let you create a quick copy of your live site that you can use for testing. Let me know what you find!

Thanks,
    Brendan

Well, the calendar doesn’t render the same way on other themes, so testing it on other themes is a moot point. Definitely tested it with other plugins deactivated.

Are you please able to just direct me to where in that js-min file my developer can locate the resize event?

That would be most efficient.

Thanks,
    Ivan

Hi there,

The datepicker is controlled by jquery. I get that it changes the date on resizing the browser but does the date change on mobile, desktop exchange. I doubt many users will be resizing there browsers if any at all. If you would like to look at re-theming and using your own jquery datepicker you can see the info in our themer’s guide

Let me know if that works.

Thanks,

Brendan

I’m not sure what you mean by mobile-desktop exchange. For sure when you take your phone from landscape to portrait orientation, it reverts the date. It’s not an acceptable situation.

I’ll look into the jquery thing, but I wish info and meaningful attention was more forthcoming from you guys about this. It’s not like it should just be my problem to solve.

Hi there,

Switched to from portrait to landscape on mobile would be something that is a bug if it were to switch a dates. I tested this on an iPhone and date stays the same. What mobile were you using?

Thanks,
    Brendan

Just to be clear: whenever you first switch to a different date (other than today’s), changing the orientation reverts back to a. today’s date if you’re selecting from the current month, or b. the 1st of the month if you’re selecting from within a future month. Can you be sure you’re trying that?

This has actually never not happened to me, and I just checked in on 4 different iPhones. Tried it using Safari and Chrome. But, that said, I’m so glad to hear you guys acknowledge the bug. Thank you!

If you can please see the video I posted here of the bug in action I would be appreciative: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f1inV4qrNu5362k2kJ4AbYonzmv9NFbL/view?usp=sharing

Hi Ivan,

I went ahead and created a bug ticket for us so a dev can take a look. I also sent them explicit instructions to change the date and then switch views along with your video. I am going to mark this as a pending fix and we will email you when we have more info on a fix.

Thanks for providing the details.

Brendan

Thank you!

Awaiting word.

Hi Ivan,

Just checking in and letting know devs are taking a look.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Thanks! Really appreciate you letting me know!

Hi Ivan,

Just wanted to give you an update, we are still working on this.

Thanks for your patience.

Brendan

Hi,

Any progress on this?

Hi Ivan,

Our developers are still working on a fix. We will let you know once its complete.

Thanks,
    Brendan

I ordered the plugin in August, and so far it’s yet to work properly. I reported the bug almost right away, and was completely dismissed and run through hoops. It took from August to December to EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE that a bug existed. Now, almost 2 months later, still no updates or fixes.

In all this time, I’m unable to truly use/launch the site with the calendar (the entire site is built around this calendar), so we’re looking at likely more than half of the license year I ordered being completely lost.

If it takes 4 months to acknowledge the bug (y’know, to actually listen to me) and another 2+ to fix it (still no fix in sight), at what point can I expect some recompense??

I’d like to suggest that time is now. That I’ve been patient enough, that I be given — at MINIMUM — a full year renewal on my license free of charge beginning at the end of this license year. At least.

Thanks,
    Ivan

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  Ivan.
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi Ivan!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-17-june-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

You must be logged in and hold an active support license to create new topics in the help desk. Please visit our products store to purchase a license.

Subscribe to Updates