Help Desk

[BUG] Month calendar view showing September when October is selected.

  • Posts: 3 Topics: 2
    | Permalink

    I have 2 sites using the events Calander and both are showing this issue. Your demo also has this issue.

    When you select October it loads September. All other months seem to work fine. In the selector it shows 10-2017 as selected but i can see that the ajax request sends a request for September:

    action:tribe_calendar
    eventDate:2017-11
    featured:false
    tribe-bar-date:2017-11

    We have only just noticed this so not sure if it’s specific to October or just the following month.

    Posts: 6531 Topics: 11
    | Permalink

    Hi there,

    Thanks for the report and sorry to hear about this glitch. We could confirm the issue and are already working on a fix (hopefully for next maintenance release). The temporary solution is to downgrade The Events Calendar to version 4.5.10.1 (get it here → https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/the-events-calendar.4.5.10.1.zip).

    We will give you a heads-up here when the fix is released 🙂

    Best,
    Nico

    Posts: 3 Topics: 2
    | Permalink

    Thanks for the possible solution but i downgraded to 4.5.10.1 and it made no difference. The bug is still present.

    I cleared out my cache to ensure js files where not cached but still no luck.

    Can i go back further without loosing functionality? Do you have any idea when a release with a fix will be available?.

    I have 2 clients who consider their sites broken right now and i really need a fix asap.

    Thanks

    Posts: 3 Topics: 2
    | Permalink

    I have fixed if for now with a hack to the tribe-events-ajax-calendar.min.js. Looks like the issue is the bootstrap datepicker returning the wrong month so i just checked if the day returning is the first as it usually is but isn’t in this scenario if not then i increment the month.

    No sure if this will cause other issues but it seems to do the job for now until you guys can implement a fix.

    Posts: 6531 Topics: 11
    | Permalink

    Thanks for the follow-up and glad to hear you could find a temporary fix…

    Re-checking the system information you sent I realized I got the issue wrong (as we have a similar issue since latest release affecting month view for some date picker formats). You are right, this issue is fixed in fact in the latest version of bootstrap datepicker and we already have an internal ticket to update it. This probably won’t happen right away as we need to pair this ticket with similar ones to reduce the QA overhead (testing is really extensive when updating a core vender lib like this one). But I’m aware this has been a pain point for customers in Australia for some months now, so I bumped the priority of the issue and will do my best to try to move this forward. I also added this thread to the report so we can let you know when it’s done.

    Thanks once again and sorry for the confusion on my end.

    Best,
    Nico

    Posts: 6240 Topics: 17
    | Permalink

    Hello!

    Just wanted to share with you that a new feature release of The Events Calendar 4.6 is out including an update to the Bootstrap Datepicker library to v1.7.0, which should fix this issue you are having.

    Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/release-events-calendar-full-rest-support/

    Please update the plugin and let us know if the fix works for your site.

    Best,
    Victor

    Posts: 65
    | Permalink

    Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

    Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

    | Permalink