Bug in MapView – "Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded"

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Bug in MapView – "Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded"

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    andreassperber
    Participant

Hello,

the Map-View does not work. I get the JavaScript Error “Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded” in Google-Maps-Api-File
    http://maps.gstatic.com/intl/de_de/mapfiles/api-3/15/5/main.js

Debugging brought me to the function centerMap() where tg.map.fitBounds(tg.bounds); will be executed.

When i give out tg.bounds via console.log i get the following values
    ((49.73899, 9.783720000000016), (49.97035, NaN))

I think, there shouldn´t be NaN ?

Maybe, i need to recreate the coordinates for my venues. But i do not have the button any more.

Regards
    Andreas

P.S.: You can check yourself: http://www.himmelswurzeln.de/veranstaltungen/map/

andreassperber
    Participant

I found the Problem:
    The GeoLocation-Values had the wrong Decimal-Seperators.
    In Germany we have , as Decimal-Separator. And somehow some of the GeoCoordinates where wrong.

I have corrected it manually in Database with this Statement:

UPDATE `wp_postmeta` SET meta_value = replace(meta_value,’,’,’.’)
    WHERE `meta_key` like ‘_VenueLng%’ and meta_value like ‘%,%’

And everything works.
    ICAL-Export also was incorrect cause of that.

Maybe you could check, that the numberformat is right, when the GeoCoordinates will be written.

Barry

Thank you for digging in to this Andreas and out apologies for any inconvenience. We’ll certainly look into this.

Barry

Hi Andreas: just a note that we have this on our tracker however it probably isn’t going to be something we can fit into the next maintenance release. We apologize for any inconvenience that causes – and of course will post back here as and when we progress this issue further.

Thanks for your support and patience.

Barry

I’ll close this for the time being but we’ll certainly re-open and post an update when we have something to report. Thanks!

Leah

Hi there,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We were not able to get a fix into our forthcoming 3.4 release. However, this issue is still definitely a priority for us and we plan to work on it for an upcoming release. We will update this thread at that time. Thank you for your patience.

Best,
    Leah

Barry

Hi Andreas: I just wanted to check in with you.

Can you confirm if you (or perhaps a developer you engaged to work on your site) might have dequeued the Google Maps scripts our plugin sets up, swapping it for a Germany-specific version? We’re just exploring why this might have occurred in the first instance – any feedback or insight appreciated!

andreassperber
    Participant

Thanks Barry for your response,

i am a PHP-Web-Developer by myself. So i think i know what is the Problem. With Javascript i never had this issue, but with PHP.

With German-Settings, PHP uses the local Numeric-Format, even for float-variables.

When the Geo-Coordinates are perfectly handled, as float-variables it would show like this:

$floatVal = 2.3;
    var_dump(2.3); would show as 2,3
    And even, if you cast this floatValue into a string, it could happen, that the different decimal-seperator “,” is used, instead of the right one.

So, i would suggest, to convert the FloatVariables of the GeoCoordinates into a String, before inserting into database, and replace (for sure) the comma with a dot.

Example:
    $latitude = str_replace(‘,’,’.’,$latitude);

I hope this helps to finde the problem. I am not very familiar with WordPress, so i had problems to find the code, where this happens.

Thanks,
    Andreas

Barry

Andreas: that is very helpful indeed – thanks for taking the time to reply. I’ll update the issue tracker accordingly 🙂

andreassperber
    Participant

No Problem!
    I am very interested in this BUG, cause i can´t use Map-View and iCAL-Export.
    When i update it manually, a user adds a new location and exports fail. Even for iCAL the Coordinates are not okay.

BYE, hope to heare soon from, becaue my PRO-License ends in 15 Days

Barry

Definitely – we’ll be as quick as we can – but please do note that, realistically, you may just miss the next maintenance release. However, we do hope you can consider renewing 🙂

Barry

Hi again Andreas: if possible we’d love to send you a copy of our latest development code (noting it’s not for production use just yet – as there may be a number of unfinished elements in there) so you could take it for a real world test before we release it. If you’re interested, could I ask you to email us at pro (at) tri (dot) be including a link to this thread? We’ll happily send you a .zip of the plugin containing the fix.

Thanks!

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to drop in and update you on the status of this issue. We are working on the upcoming 3.7 release and are happy to say that a fix for this issue will be included. Please keep an eye on your Updates and Plugins pages for an update prompt. If you have any trouble or continue to see this issue after updating, please start a new thread and we can assist you from there. Thank you for your patience while we worked on this issue.

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Bug in MapView – "Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded"’ is closed to new replies.