Bug in "Make Event Titles Link to the Event Website URL" Extension

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Bug in "Make Event Titles Link to the Event Website URL" Extension

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Craig.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Craig
    Participant

“Make Event Titles Link to the Event Website URL” works in all views except “map” view. When hovering over a pin and selecting the title, the link goes to the event page not the website url. This is a serious problem in our application as it is a different behavior than every where else.

Thanks

Craig
    Participant

Did I submit this correctly?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Craig,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your question.

Yes, you submitted it absolutely correctly. 🙂 Sorry for the long waiting time, the whole team was out last week.

Although I don’t know for sure, my hunch is that the URLs which show up on the map pin hovers are handled by the google api and thus are not affected by our plugin.

I will try to touch base with the developer of the plugin to see if this is the case and if we can do anything about it.

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
    Andras

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Craig,

Thank you again for pointing this out. I will investigate this further this week. I suspect this is actually a bug in the The Events Calendar. The Events Calendar provides a way to filter every link to an event, but it must not be using that in this case. In which case this is something we will have to patch within our core plugin, and can not fix inside of the extension.

I will get back to you with my findings later this week. Until then, let us know if you have any question. Cheers!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Hello again Craig,

I was able to find the source of this bug. Inside of /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Geo_Loc.php on line 779 you will see this:

$link     = get_permalink( $event->ID );

And it should be changed to this:

$link     = tribe_get_event_link( $event->ID );

With that change in place on my site it worked as expected. Given how small this change is. It is very likely it will make it into our upcoming maintenance release. We will just need another developer to look at it, and ensure that they can not concieve of any circumstance where this code might break things or misbehave. If you wish to make it yourself now using a code editor, feel free to do so.

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Bug in "Make Event Titles Link to the Event Website URL" Extension’ is closed to new replies.