Bug in Event Tickets version 4.7.1.

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Bug in Event Tickets version 4.7.1.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Uwe Matern
    Participant

Good Morning from Germany,

I just update the event tickets plugin to the newest version 4.7.1. in our staging environement.

There is an issue with the currency symbol for RSVP tickets.
    In the global TEC properties the default is € and the symbol after the amount.

There is a test event, called Testkurs #2 where the backend shows the values as attached in the first screenshot. I changed the values to symbol -> empty and the position after the amount (second screenshot). The I update the complete event in the backend. But if I go to the price information I see the values unchanged (screenshot 3).

Pls help.

Best regards
    Uwe

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Uwe!

Sorry to hear you are having that problem.

I could not reproduce the same issue in my own installation, so let me help you with the troubleshooting.

First, could you please make sure you are not making any template override of the single event template? If so, try disabling it and see if any changes.

If no change, then let’s make sure we are not dealing with a theme/plugin conflict by switching to a default theme and deactivating all other plugins except ours.

Let us know about that.

Thanks,
    Victor

Uwe Matern
    Participant

Good Morning Victor,

thanks for your message. I did now the following:

1. deactivated the theme AVADA and activated the theme 2017 instead
    – the result was, that the area/panel to input the event costs disappeared completely!

2. deactivated all plugins except the tribe plugins
    – no change
    3. I’ve updated the tribe ticket plus plugin to the recent version
    – no change

Best regards
    Uwe

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Uwe!

Thanks for testing that out.

If you are using Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus, you will need the following extension to force the display of the Event Cost area when creating/editing the events > https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/show-cost-field/

Try it out and see if it works for you.

Thanks,
    Victor

Uwe Matern
    Participant

Sorry, Victor

but this is not the problem! I installed the extension but there is no change.

As I wrote, the cost field only disappears if I switch to the standard theme. But with our theme AVADA the field exist s but shows the wrong values.

Again, in the default setup there is the currency symbol € and the position is after the amount. But in the single event it shows $ and in front of the amount.

Pls help urgently

Best regards
    Uwe

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Uwe!

I’m sorry for the confusion with this.

If switching to a default theme makes the cost field disappear, that is the default behaviour because you have Event Tickets activated.

If you switch to a default theme and deactivate Event Tickets, the cost field should show up by default.

It is likely that you are using a snippet in your Avada theme’s functions.php file to show the cost field, which is fine. It could look something like:

add_filter( 'tribe_events_admin_show_cost_field', '__return_true', 100 );

You can achieve the same with the extension I mentioned before.

If you are Using Event Tickets Plus, then the default currency symbol will be determined by the WooCommerce settings (WP Admin > WooCommerce > Settings > General tab)

Please try changing the default currency in WooCommerce and see if any difference.

Thanks,
    Victor

Uwe Matern
    Participant

Dear Victor,

sorry. You don’t understand my problem. It’s so sorry…

I Do not use WooCommerce, as I mentioned before. We have only RSVP tickets, where the user book an eevent. But there is no payment involved.

Best regards
    Uwe

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Uwe,

My apologies for the misunderstanding.

I’ve made some additional tests on my end without using WooCommerce and I could reproduce some inconsistencies with the currency symbol and cost when having the above mentioned extension installed and activated. It seems to be related to a conflict with our latest Tribe Commerce implementation.

I have logged a bug report for this so it can be addressed in one of our next maintenance releases of our plugins.

I will set this thread’s status as pending fix and link it to the report. This way, we will notify you once a fix is released.

We apologise for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we work on this.

Best,
    Victor

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-9-september-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Regards,
    Sky

Uwe Matern
    Participant

Good Morning,

thanks for the information. But, the problem still exists. The currency symbol is in front of the valuer although the setup says different.

Best regards

Uwe

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Uwe,

Thanks for following up with this. I’m sorry to hear this is still an issue on your end.

Could you please share with us a link to an event you are having the issue with and a screenshot of the edit event screen where we can see the event cost fields and the RSVP tickets in it?

Also, can you please let us know if you have the Currency symbol follows value option checked under Events > Settings ?

I think there may be another issue with the extension.

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Bug in Event Tickets version 4.7.1.’ is closed to new replies.