Bug in date format?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Bug in date format?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Daniele
    Participant

Goodmorning everyone.
    I have just bought and installed WooTickets, and it seems i encountered a bug. I set up an event from 15th January 2013 21.00 to 16th January 2013 02.00: the tickets form doesn’t show up, there’s no HTML output (the page continues to load correctly).

I checked inside tickets.php: products associated to tickets are loaded correctly, but then the function strtotime( $ticket->end_date . $gmt_offset ) fails. I live in Italy, so my dates are in DD/MM/YYYY format: i guess this is the reason. Further studying lead me to this:

echo $ticket->end_date . $gmt_offset; // 16/01/2013 02:00 +0

echo var_dump(strtotime( $ticket->end_date . $gmt_offset )); //returns bool(false)

This happens because the slash in the date makes PHP think of an american date, and obviously “month 16” doesn’t exists. If i change “/” to “-“, then everything works fine.

I hope you can fix this soon, if you need further info please write me back. Thank you!!
    D.

Barry

Hi Daniele – interesting problem: thanks for taking the time to investigate and for summarizing it so concisely. I’m going to pass this up to one of the developers for further action.

Please bear with me and I’ll try to update you again as soon as I can.

Barry

Just to update you Daniele – we have a possible fix. I’m just going to test it locally then, if all goes well, I may ask you to patch one of your own files as a final test.

Will get back to you soonest – thanks for your patience so far 🙂

Barry

Sorry for the delay Daniele – but can you back up and move your current WooTickets plugin outside of the wp-content/plugins directory and put this version in place instead?

It seems to resolve the problem for us, but it would be great if you could give it a real world test 🙂

Daniele
    Participant

Hi Barry! Ok i will try it tonight / tomorrow at max, then i’ll tell you if it works. Thank you! Is that the only thing changed in this version?

Barry

I believe so 🙂

Barry

Hi Daniele, I’m guessing you’re all sorted here but just let me know if not.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Bug in date format?’ is closed to new replies.