Bug found: sync overwrites categories

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Bug found: sync overwrites categories

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Bart.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bart
    Participant

hi,

I think I found a bug in the Importer: when a previously imported event from Facebook is synced again, it overwrites any categories assigned to the event.

Here’s how you can reproduce the bug:
    1) Import a FB event in Event Calendar. Don’t know if the problem also occurs with other sources.
    2) In Import Settings, Set to “Preserve the most recent change in every field…”.
    3) Don’t assign any event categories. Don’t know if that’s relevant to reproduce the bug.
    4) Set the event to sync automatically for changes.
    5) Assign some event categories manually to the imported event in WordPress.
    6) Wait until the automatic sync happened (it’s not necessary to change anything in FB)
    7) After the sync, the categories assigned to the event are gone

We have now temporarily changed the import setting to “Do not re-import events” until this issue has been resolved.
    Can you confirm this is a bug?

Thanks
    Bart

Colin Carmichael
    Participant

The ‘Featured Event’ flag also gets reset. 🙁

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Bart!

Thanks for reaching out to us. I am sorry about this inconvenience. I can confirm this is a known bug and the team is already working on a fix for it. It is also not working well for the “Event Options” like Colin said.

I am going to set the status of the ticket to “pending fix” and we will let you know once the fix is released.

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket.

Best!

Victor

Nico

Hi there!

Just wanted to share with you that maintenance release 4.4.5 of our plugins is out, which includes a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about the release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-4-5-event-tickets-4-4-5-premium-add-ons/

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Bug found: sync overwrites categories’ is closed to new replies.