Bug: Event Start Date & End Date reset when errors returned

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Bug: Event Start Date & End Date reset when errors returned

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Sean
    Participant

When an error message is returned on the Community Event Submit an Event form, the Start and End Dates are reset to the current date.

We’ve confirmed this is a bug with the core TEC code, as the issue exists on a clean install of WordPress with only TEC, TEC PRO, Community Events, and Filter bar activated.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Karly,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I tested this and was able to verify this issue with Community Events. I’ve created an internal bug ticket for tracking this issue and you’ll be notified here as we make progress on this one. I apologize for any inconvenience. Let me know if you have any questions about this or the process.

Thanks!

Jeff Hubbard
    Participant

In my case /events/community/list is listing all of the logged in users event end dates as todays date. Editing the events in front or backend shows the database still holds the correct end date so it appears to be a display issue.
    hope this helps. cheers

Jeff Hubbard
    Participant

BTW i am using TEC 4.04 and community 4.02
    I guess this is the same issue as the OP. If not I’m happy to start a new thread.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Jeff Hubbard.
    Jonathan Goldford
    Participant

We’re also seeing this issue. Looking forward to having this fixed as soon as possible.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for adding that here. It sounds like a slightly different issue but the root cause sounds like it might be the same so definitely helpful here.

Now that you and Wired Impact are on this thread, you’ll also be notified here as we make progress on addressing this issue.

Thanks!

Jonathan Goldford
    Participant

Hi Josh,

Can you update us on the status of this ticket?

Thanks a ton.

Jonathan

Josh
    Participant

Hey Jonathan,

Unfortunately there isn’t any new update at this point.

Thanks1

Jonathan Goldford
    Participant

Thanks Josh. Hopefully you all will have a chance to tackle the bug soon.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Jonathan,

No problem. We’ll follow up here once this one is ready for release.

Thanks!

yvesrn
    Participant

We’re having the same issue, but when switching to a default theme the problem no longer exists. I’m also not getting any errors, on page or console.

That still tells me it may be a theme issue on my end however. Can you provide us with more info on the bug? I have an urgency to fix this.

Jeff Hubbard
    Participant

Interesting. FYI I’m using a genesis child theme. I have temporarily hidden the End date column(6) in Community > My Events. I have no other issues except the display in that column is always todays date. Database entries are as expected. I haven’t checked the default theme. cheers

Josh
    Participant

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for reaching out to us! Would you mind opening a new ticket for this particular issue since it sounds like it may be a bit different than the original issue here and we want to make sure we can address your questions fully.

Thanks!

Jonathan Goldford
    Participant

Hi Josh,

Since this was taking a while to tackle we went ahead and took a shot at it. We were able to fix this by making the following change.

On line 20 of /src/views/community/modules/datepickers.php we changed the code from:

if ( get_post() ) {

To:

$existing_post = get_post();
    if ( $existing_post && !isset( $existing_post->EventStartDate ) && !isset( $existing_post->EventEndDate ) ) {

We overrode the template by duplicating the file into theme/tribe-events/community/modules/datepickers.php, but of course we’d love this to be in the plugin in case any substantial updates are made.

Can you confirm that this code looks good on your end and works how you all would expect? We did test it, but you guys would likely know test cases we don’t.

Thanks.

Jonathan

Josh
    Participant

Hey Jonathan,

Thanks for following up here.

Looking at what you have here, it looks good to me and since it is working for you here it doesn’t appear to be a bad solution until the issue is addressed directly within the plugin.

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Bug: Event Start Date & End Date reset when errors returned’ is closed to new replies.