Help Desk

Bug: Custom Event Field – Dropdown with just numbers as values display issue

  • Posts: 31 Topics: 7 Answers: 1
    | Permalink

    I created a custom event field “zoomlevel” and designated it as a dropdown menu, with values of 1, 2, 3, 4,5 etc through to 20. When I create an event and select 5 for example, it appears that the value is correctly being stored in the database but it is not displaying in the dropdown as the selected value after I publish the event. It always shows the first value in the drop down, which is obviously 1.

    This bug doesn’t seem to happen if the values for the dropdown custom event field has actual words in it….seems to only happen when the values are solely number values.

    Posts: 83 Topics: 2 Answers: 12
    | Permalink

    Thanks Brian,

    Logging it as a bug for 2.0.1.

    Posts: 11 Topics: 2
    | Permalink

    Hi guys,

    I am having the same issue – however with text values. I have created a drop-down called ‘difficulty’ with 3x possible values – easy medium and hard. No matter what I select from an event post – it always saves back as ‘Easy’ and displays ‘Easy’ on the published page. Really need this working properly asap.

    Thank you.

    Posts: 4278 Topics: 105 Answers: 467
    | Permalink

    Hi Nick. I just tested the same criteria you noted on a default 2011 theme install with no other plugins active, and was unable to recreate the problem. What are the exact steps (ie recurrence settings for the event, other custom fields you’ve got, etc) you went through here?

    Posts: 11 Topics: 2
    | Permalink

    Hi Rob. Weird. It’s now displaying on the published site (which I guess is all that matters) – however it is still showing ‘Easy’ as the selected custom setting on the edit screen (it’s my only custom setting). Therefore, if I make a change – and forget to change it manually to, say, ‘Intermediate’ – it will save as Easy again (and publish it as such).

    Posts: 4278 Topics: 105 Answers: 467
    | Permalink

    Thanks for confirming, Nick. I am seeing this now too – looks like the reason I wasn’t yesterday was because I was using the latest version of the code that will be released as 2.0.1; when I install the tagged official 2.0 release, I’m able to recreate your issue.

    Which means: this is technically already fixed, just hasn’t been released yet. Once 2.0.1 is out later this week, the issue you noted in your last message should be resolved. Apologies for the inconvenience in the interim.

    Posts: 11 Topics: 2
    | Permalink

    Fantastic – thanks Rob – looking forward to 2.0.1!

    Posts: 4278 Topics: 105 Answers: 467
    | Permalink

    Awesome! We’re pushing it out tomorrow (Thursday) morning.