Bug and fix for problem with default status for submitted events

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Bug and fix for problem with default status for submitted events

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tobek
    Participant

I found that no matter what I set for “Default status for submitted events”, user-submitted events were being posted as Drafts. Adding ‘post_status’ to $allowed_fields in tribe-community-events/submission-scrubber.php fixed this problem. It looks like the scrubbing called from submission-handler.php removes the post status, and WordPress defaults it to draft.

Please add this fix into the next release of this plugin, or let me know if possibly there is another issue at play. Thanks!

Barry

Hi – sorry you were impacted by this problem.

There is indeed a valid bug at play here and we’ve got a fix in the works (and are hopeful it will roll out in the next release). We’ll do our best to update this thread once that happens so please do continue to monitor this thread for updates.

Thanks again for your patience and support while we work through this 🙂

benjamin1986
    Participant

Hi, I was just about to ask about this exact same problem myself, could you please fix asap, as I have users of my site complaining their events aren’t being listed. Kind-of negates the main use of this paid for plugin if I have to review all submitted events. Thanks

Barry

We’re certainly working as quickly as we can 🙂

As soon as the fix is ready – as before – we’ll do our best to post an update in here.

Thanks for your patience!

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that we were able to work on this issue for our upcoming 3.8 release. Keep an eye out on your site for an update announcement! If you update and are still seeing this problem, please post a new thread so we can check it out. Thank you for your patience while we got this fix in place.

Best,
    Leah
    and the team at Modern Tribe

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Bug and fix for problem with default status for submitted events’ is closed to new replies.