Bug: Advanced Post Manager

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Bug: Advanced Post Manager

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Sean
    Participant

Hi. I’ve come across a bug with the Advanced Post Manager. When that plugin is activated, the main WordPress account is unable to view Pending Events at /wp-admin/edit.php?post_status=pending&post_type=tribe_events. That is, while the correct number of Pending Events are shown next to that tab, no event content is returned and “No events found” is displayed. This seems to be an issue with only the primary account, as other existing or new admin accounts can see the pending event content. Screenshot.

This has been confirmed on a clean install (Default Theme and only Advanced Post Manager, TEC, TEC PRO, Community Events, and Filter Bar activated). See attached System Information for more info. Thanks.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Karly,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I’ve tested this with the same plugins activated however I was unable to replicate the issue described. I was able to see the pending events with my primary admin account as well as with a new administrative account created. I tested pending events created by both users and each account was able to see all the pending events within the list.

Can you verify that there aren’t any additional filters or anything added in the Advanced Post Manager section for your primary admin account that may have limited the results to exclude those pending events?

Thanks!

Sean
    Participant

Good morning Josh,

I did have a developer do some customization’s (which I know did rely on Advanced Post Manager, as deactivating the plugin disabled some of those modifications) but they hadn’t done anything that should have effected permissions (I had mentioned this issue to them). With that said, I can certainly check to see if something was incorrectly added that they may have overlooked. Where would I go in WP-Admin to check? Or would I need to look at a specific file via ftp?

Thank you,
    Karly

Josh
    Participant

Hey Karly,

Does the issue persist if you disable the other plugins and your active theme (removing any of the customizations)?

Thanks!

Sean
    Participant

Hi Josh,

Yes, the first thing I did was disable all other plugins (other than TEC plugins) and change to the default WP theme. Unfortunately, the issue persisted.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Karly,

Thanks for following up there!

So, when everything is deactivated, there aren’t any customizations that are impacting the performance of the site? No changes were made to the core APM files? Also, were there any changes that could have impacted the database such as user role capabilities that wouldn’t be removed by deactivating plugins?

Finally, do you have any other sites or the ability to create a new test site on the current hosting environment to see if the issue persists there?

Thanks!

Sean
    Participant

Hi Josh,

That’s correct. With only TEC plugins and Advanced Post Manager activated on the TwentyFourteen theme, the issue persists (no customization’s exist on the core plugin files or that theme). Also, no user roles have changed (in the database an admin that can view the pending events is the same permissions as the primary admin). The issue persists on both our production and staging sites. We did have a developer do some work on the site, but I’ve confirmed with them that no changes were made to any core APM files.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Karly,

Thanks for following up here. A couple of questions:

1. How were the pending events created? I’ve tested by adding events from other Admins within the dashboard as well as setting the Community Events settings for new events to “Pending” and adding on the front end via an anonymous visitor. I was able to see the Pending list for while logged in as the default admin and using Adanced Post Manager.
    2. Are you able to see the “Pending” events within the main events list within the dashboard?
    3. Does the pending list show the events with APM plugin deactivated?

Thanks!

Sean
    Participant

Hi Josh,

– The pending events were created by submitting them via the Community Events form (anonymously).
    – In the main events list in the dashboard (/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events), the pending events do not show up nor do they show up when “searching” for them on the “All” events view of the dashboard. Only events that the default admin is the author of are displayed. Other posts (whether anonymous or that have another admin as the author) are not displayed.
    – With APM plugin deactivated (and still using my custom theme and files), there are no issues. The pending events show up for the default admin in the dashboard.
    – Changing to the default Twentyfourteen theme and having only APM and TEC plugins (TEC, TEC PRO, Community Events and Filter Bar) activated, the issue persists.

Also, I just noticed that posts in the Trash that have their author set to a different account (admin or anonymous), also do not show up in the dashboard for the default admin. As with the pending events, it returns “No events found in Trash” while the number of posts currently in the trash is still correctly displayed in the dashboard.

Very weird since permissions for the users are the same…I’m perplexed!

Karly

Josh
    Participant

Hey Karly,

When looking at the database at the usermeta for that particular user, do you notice any additional meta regarding capabilities or anything strange in the “wp_capabilities” column for that user.

Looking again, I’m still unable to replicate the issue on my local install with my default admin account.

Thanks!

Sean
    Participant

Hi Josh,

Hope you weekend is going well. I took a look at the usermeta and didn’t see anything odd. But, then it hit me…APM adds filters to the Events dashboard, which have been closed on my site. So I opened it up and it turns out that a filter was active, which was causing the events to not display. To say I’m embarrassed at not thinking of this at the start is an understatement! I’m really sorry for taking your time on this. The good news is that there is no bug here…just user error!

Best regards,
    Karly

Josh
    Participant

Hey Karly,

Hope you had a great weekend as well!

No problem! I’m glad you were able to get this one resolved.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread for now. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Bug: Advanced Post Manager’ is closed to new replies.