Broken images in Venue template

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Broken images in Venue template

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    kqed
    Participant

Hi – I’m pretty sure we haven’t overridden your basic venue template much, but if there’s no venue image, it renders a broken image:
    http://ww2.kqed.org/about/venue/lakeside-theater-at-the-kaiser-center/

Brook
    Participant

Howdy kqed,

I would love to help you with this.

Your venue definitely isn’t behaving right. It seems to be loading the single-event template for the venue, hence why your venue has a date/time in addition to the erroneous image. That’s not normal behavior, normally it loads the separate venue template and looks like this.

Have you done any template overrides? If so, do you mind just double checking that there venue template hasn’t been overriden. I know you’re pretty sure, but it might not hurt to be 100% sure. The template should be called single-venue.php, and would exist in one of the /tribe-events/ folders in your theme, or perhaps parent theme.

Does that all make sense?

Cheers!

– Brook

kqed
    Participant

Yes, there is no single-venue.php file in our /tribe-events/ folder.

Brook
    Participant

Thanks for looking. Could you try:

1. Temporarily renaming /tribe-events/ to /tribe-events-bak/.
    2. Does it load the venue template now and get rid of that date/time?
    3. Rename it back.
    4. If renaming it did get rid of the issue temporarily try renaming the files/folders inside their until the issue goes away again, Do this until you can isolate what file is causing the problem. Once you know the file, would you mind sharing a copy of it? Perhaps upload it to pastebin or gist?
    • Brook
    kqed
    Participant

Renaming the /tribe-events folder in my theme did not fix the issue. The image is still broken, just in a different place on the page.

Brook
    Participant

Good to know. I could definitely see the image still being broken, but did it get rid of the date/time? If not, does switching themes get rid of the odd date/time that should appear on the venue page? We need to isolate where that is coming from, as it is likely directly related to this issue.

Cheers!

– Brook

kqed
    Participant

Yes, renaming the template directory loads the venue template and gets rid of the date/time, but the image is still broken.

Brook
    Participant

Thanks for looking into that. Then we are facing two separate issues.

I am guessing that when you renamed the folder, the “different place on the page” that the image moved to was higher up, perhaps above the title. Some themes try to show a featured image for every page including CPTs, and when one isn’t set blank images can result.

If your only goal here is to hide the image when it’s empty then that should be pretty easy with a dash of CSS added to your theme. This will hide the image only when it’s empty:

.tribe-events-event-image img[src=''] { display: none; }

If your goal is to find the source of this problem then we have a long ways left. For the event time issue you will need to run through the steps I outlined at the outset:

If renaming it [tribe-events folder] did get rid of the issue temporarily try renaming the files/folders inside their until the issue goes away again, Do this until you can isolate what file is causing the problem. Once you know the file, would you mind sharing a copy of it? Perhaps upload it to pastebin or gist?

For the image itself I am curious if the posts might be corrupted a bit in the database. What happens if you add a featured image to the venue. You hinted at the outset that it shows up, does it? If so try deleting the featured image now. Does the empty image go away?

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Broken images in Venue template’ is closed to new replies.