Broken – Facebook Re-occuring Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Broken – Facebook Re-occuring Events

• This topic has 0 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Eric.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Eric
    Participant

Hi there,

When an event that has repeating events on Facebook is imported into the Events Calendar using the Event Aggregator, it seems to pull an event for every single day from the first to the last event, not just the specific dates.

Is there some way to fix this?

Thanks!

Patricia

Hey Eric,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Could you please share with us the URL from where you are importing your events so we can run some tests from our end?

Thanks!

Patricia

Eric
    Participant
    Patricia

Hi Eric,

When I asked you to send us the URL, I was referring to the Facebook URL from where you are trying to import your events, I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear! You can send us the link via private reply if necessary.

Just to better understand your problem: you have multiple Facebook events and even if you select a few dates, all events are imported regardless of your choices, is that correct?

If that’s the case, I would recommend you to make sure that all of your plugins are up-to-date.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime and I’ll be happy to assist!

Thanks,

Patricia

Eric
    Participant

https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaEventCentre/

Any event that is created in FB as a re-occuring event, shows up in The Events Calendar as every single day of the week (from the first event to the last event date). This is instead of the event only showing up when it is actually being held (ie. every Wednesday).

Currently our calendar is set to preserve local changes, and re-import events.

Patricia

Hi Eric,

Thanks for sharing the Facebook URL with us!

I could reproduce the issue you are experiencing from here while importing one of your Facebook recurring events.

I’m linking this thread to our internal bug report so our development team can take a look. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed, as it’s in the development team’s hands now, but the good news is that you will be contacted as soon as a solution is available.

Thanks for your understanding and if you have any other questions, please let me know and I’ll be happy to assist!

Best Regards,

Patricia

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Eric!

Just wanted to share with you that we have shipped a fix for this issue. It’s all on our Event Aggregator server side of things so you don’t need to update any plugins.

As always, please make sure you are using the latest versions of our plugins. Remember you can always download our plugins from your downloads page > https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please try your imports again and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Broken – Facebook Re-occuring Events’ is closed to new replies.