Broken Events Calendar plugin with the Listify Theme

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Broken Events Calendar plugin with the Listify Theme

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    O
    Participant

We have been using the Events Calendar plugin for over a couple of years now and have published hundreds of events over time as our calendar is a core part of our website. We have decided to change our template to the popular Listify wordpress template to add a new important section to our website: a business directory.

Half of the functionality of the Events Calendar plugin is now broken with the Listify template:
    1) the /events landing page no longer shows the default event listings
    2) category grouping pages no longer work
    3) the venue and organizer pages return blank pages
    4) recurring events don’t work anymore

I could potentially emulate the default /events page with the shortcode [tribe_events view=”photo”] on /events2 but I lose the ability to show the filter bar (I read in the forum that this is a future feature request) and this does not fix the others issues with the pages for event categories, event venues, event organizers, recurring events.

Any suggestions on how to fix these issues?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

O
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by O.
    Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

O
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

O
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Othmane,

You are awesome to taking that extra step! I checked the settings and I believe it’s coming from the Events template settings.

Go to Events > Settings > Display tab > Events template dropdown and select “Default events template” from the list. Save the setting then check if that fixes it.

Eagerly waiting for the result. 🙂

Cheers,
    Andras

O
    Participant

Thanks András. You found the issue. That’s awesome.

For others who might come across this in the future: the Listify theme and The Events Calendar plugin ARE COMPATIBLE. One has to just ensure to update the Events Calendar plugin setting: “Events template” to “Default events template” and it works like magic.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Othmane,

Happy to hear your site and calendar works again! Awesome.

Since the issue is resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new one in the forum and we will be happy to help you out.

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: If you like our plugins, and you didn’t yet do so 🙂 we would be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Thanks!
    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/the-events-calendar/reviews/

PS2: We’d be also grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Doublethanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Broken Events Calendar plugin with the Listify Theme’ is closed to new replies.