Brocken view: monthly calendar view on mobile device

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Brocken view: monthly calendar view on mobile device

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nicolas
    Participant

Hi there!

I’m posting this issue here (again…) since I’ve been asked to post it on the “Pro” forum, but my licence is expired and I can’t post it. Also, this has nothing to do with only the “Pro” plugin as this issue is probably also affecting the free version of theeventcalendar.

After being bounced from one service to the other and not getting any answer for the past 10 days, I’m reposting the issue here. And I’ll post it until it’s finally addressed by someone who cares. Guys, your monthly calendar view is broken on mobile devices!

Hi guys,

When browsing the event calendar feature on mobile, the monthly calendar view is broken: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByQ9ulyhJ_2bWjFjUVJiOEsyYm8/view?usp=drivesdk

Could you give me a workaround, or at least tell me how I can show by default the “list view” to mobile users (instead of the monthly calendar view)?

Thanks!
    Nick

Barry

Hi Nick,

That doesn’t look good at all!

It’s not what I experience with our demo site or even locally, though, which makes me wonder if there is perhaps a theme conflict in your case. Is that a possibility here?

I’m posting this issue here (again…) since I’ve been asked to post it on the “Pro” forum, but my licence is expired and I can’t post it.

I’m not sure why you would have been asked that, unless there was some confusion. Can you link me to that discussion? Generally, if you don’t have a valid license key and have a problem that can be replicated with just The Events Calendar, posting on our wordpress.org forum is just fine 🙂

Nicolas
    Participant

Hi Barry,

Thanks for getting back to me! I’m using the Listable theme ( https://themeforest.net/item/listable-a-friendly-directory-wordpress-theme/13398377 ) and a few plugins too. However, this problem appeared two updates ago of The Event Calendar plugins (free & pro). So this is probably not linked to the theme or the other plugins I used, since the monthly view used to appear properly on smartphones before.

I understand solving this problem is a bit like finding a needle in a haystack. So for now I’d be more than happy with some CSS that shows a default list view for mobile users, instead of the monthly view shown to desktop users. Could you provide me with that? That’d be really a life changer for the people using my calendar feature.

Thanks!

Barry

OK – so this sounds like an integration issue (where you want to marry up The Events Calendar with your theme and perhaps need make some tweaks in one or both to make that happen) rather than a bug on either side.

However, we don’t actually provide technical support here in the pre-sales forum. Given that and that fact that you don’t currently have an active license key, either, I’d recommend posting your question in the wordpress.org forums (that way, other members of the community who may also be using Listable may be able to help) or else it may be worth seeking assistance from the theme authors.

After being bounced from one service to the other and not getting any answer for the past 10 days

Again, I’m sorry for any confusion and any frustration this caused (and if you can link me to the spot where you were told this, I can review things) — but delivering technical assistance via the pre-sales forum generally isn’t something we offer.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Brocken view: monthly calendar view on mobile device’ is closed to new replies.