Bring back Checkboxes for Event Categories & Remove Event Tags & Cost

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Bring back Checkboxes for Event Categories & Remove Event Tags & Cost

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Linh
    Participant

I’m not sure why the event categories was changed from check box to search bar as it was working wonderfully before. Changes should be added as an additional option for anyone who wants it as I’m now as a loss on how to change this back. I’ve read through other responses in below link but don’t know how to locate to the file on WordPress to add proposed code. Is there an easier way to do this with custom css? Or an extension I can download to plugin?

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/error-message-when-adding-an-event/#dl_post-1322320

Also, how can I remove the event tag & event cost from the community event form? I don’t need these options display.

Cliff

Hi, Linh.

1)

All of our plugins are moving toward this type of input for multi-select options because it offers a superior user experience–they can type (autocomplete) or select multiple just like checkboxes (just click once in the search box and wait for the list of options to appear).

The taxonomy.php file code snippet shared in that other forum thread isn’t based on the latest version of Community Events taxonomy.php file (you can see the diff here: https://www.diffchecker.com/x9e4X3ci), but I tested it and it doesn’t work correctly.

I’d recommend embracing the multi-select option field type (if you’re curious, it’s the Select2 library).

After giving it another look and playing with it a bit yourself, please let me know your feedback on this suggestion.

2)

Please reference our Themer’s Guide to customize a copy of /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/edit-event.php

You can comment out (or just delete) the tribe_get_template_part() lines you don’t want used, such as the one that mentions post_tag and the community/modules/cost one.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Bring back Checkboxes for Event Categories & Remove Event Tags & Cost’ is closed to new replies.