Breaks Themes Pagination

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Breaks Themes Pagination

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jack Tumpson
    Participant

Hello Guys,
    I have recently noticed that when I have the Events Calendar Pro active my homepage pagination breaks. It is only the homepage, other paginations work fine through out the site. Let me know your thoughts, I have tried disabling everything and it is for sure a conflict with the PRO Calendar.

Thanks,
    -Jordan

Barry

Hi Jordan,

Sorry you are experiencing problems.

I appreciate you seem to have zeroed in on Events Calendar PRO as the culprit here yet I can’t replicate the same thing when using a default theme and no other plugins (except for PRO and The Events Calendar itself).

Can you clarify if you find the same thing, or does some other condition have to be satisfied here like having your particular theme or another plugin in place?

Let me know!

Jack Tumpson
    Participant

This is a problem between my theme and the plugin for sure. Unfortunately, my themes developer is anything but responsive when it comes to support. I feel that this is an issue relating to the “page” and “paged” queries. I believe this because this problem is very isolated to the homepage. Have you guys seen something like this in the past, or possibly have any suggestions for resolving this.

Thanks for your time,
    -Jordan

Barry

I don’t recall anything in recent memory and the plugin has been under continual development to the point that even 6-month old threads may have limited relevance.

Have you integrated events into the main blog loop? Does deactivating that settings resolve this if so?

Jack Tumpson
    Participant

I checked that setting and it was not activated. I did try to activate, then de-activate it but to no avail. I am getting an error that is interesting involving my pagination php. *Undefined variable: page*. This is what led me to think that it might just be the theme, but then when I disable PRO Calendar it works again and I do not get the error.

Barry

Interesting. I’m going to guess that is a reference to the global $page variable which WordPress uses to track which page of results is being viewed. Yet, certainly with a default theme, I see that is still correctly set in this sort of context.

Have you reached out to the theme developer here?

Jack Tumpson
    Participant

Even more interesting. I have resolved the variable error and still the pagination is not working properly. Kind of throws a wrench in my original hypothesis. I am going to set up a dev site and try to recreate this with just the pro calendar. In the meantime, any other thoughts on what might cause this. I seems to be occurring because the tribe_events are being pulled to display the widget calendar. But even removing these widgets it is still broken.

Thanks,
    -Jordan

Barry

We’d love to help further, but I’m afraid there just isn’t enough to go on here: unless there’s evidence of a bug, sadly, I don’t think we are going to be able to do much.

Jack Tumpson
    Participant

I understand. It is such a strange occurrence. I will let you guys know what solution I find, if any.

Take Care,
    -Jordan

Barry

Sure thing, sorry we couldn’t do more. I’ll close this thread for the time being though – but of course you are more than welcome to open new threads for this and any other problem as and when you might need further assistance 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Breaks Themes Pagination’ is closed to new replies.