Breadcrumbs | Categories

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Breadcrumbs | Categories

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Value Wordpress
    Participant

Hey there,
    I got two issues.
    1. Breadcrumbs: I have the Breadcrumb NavXT Plugin. Breadcrumbs are working everywhere, but not on single event pages: https://www.valuedach.de/event/value-investing-treffen-in-berlin-3/. Can I change that?
    2. Categories and widgets: On single event pages I have a problem with widgets. I have the widget options plugin. There I have selected to show some elements of my blog on all categories. Sadly it also show them on event categories: https://www.valuedach.de/event/value-investing-treffen-in-berlin-3/. Any idea how I can solve that? Thanks!

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out! I will try to help with your questions.

Breadcrumbs – Is this being added within your theme template? Which template are you using in Events > Settings > Display > “Events template”? What happens if you switch to “Default Page Template?” Does the bar with the breadcrumbs show on the event pages?

Category Widgets – Unfortunately, I’m not familiar with the Widgets Options plugin. You may need to contact them or post a question in the WordPress support forums for their plugin to see how it works and if there is any way to control things by post type. My suggestion would be to create a separate sidebar and add a conditional in your template to only show on the event categories, then add only the widgets you want to show there to that sidebar.

Hope that helps! Let me know if have more questions about this.

Thanks,
    Sky

Value Wordpress
    Participant

Hey Sky,
    thanks for helping!

On breadcrumbs: I am using the first option: “Standard Seitenvorlage (WordPress)”. Changing to “Standard Veranstaltungsvorlage” did not change it. Yes. There it is: https://www.valuedach.de/events/

Category widgets: Then I will contact the plugin developers there. Thanks.

Best

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

It looks like you need to manually add code to your template to get it to display. So, if you have added this to the template that is selected in your display settings, it should show. You can read more about adding that here: https://mtekk.us/archives/guides/calling-the-breadcrumb-trail/.

There also seems to be settings for each post type in the Breadcrumb plugin settings.

Good luck! Let us know if you have any questions or issues in the future.
    Sky

Value Wordpress
    Participant

Hey,

I revisited the problem again. It is just on the single event pages, the venue and the organizer page. Is there any other option to modify the pages? They all have no “header field”, so Breadcrumbs could not be displayed.

Best

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

It looks like your single events are using the “page.php” template from your theme. Have you added the breadcrumbs code to this template in your child theme? Is the code wrapped in any conditionals, like “is_archive()” etc?

Thanks,
    Sky

Value Wordpress
    Participant

Hey there,

sorry, I don’t get what you mean 🙁 – I am not a programmer. I just installed the breadcrumb plugin and it worked perfectly fine, but not on the named event, organizer and venue pages. It is on all pages, also on the blog archive: https://www.valuedach.de/deutscher-value-investing-blog/page/2/

Best

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

From what I can tell from their documentation, you may need to add some code to whatever template you have selected for the Events in order for it to work. Unfortunately, I cannot provide support for other plugins not related to our events products. You may need to contact the plugin developers to get help with it.

I can point you in the right direction, however, with figuring out which template you will need to add the code to. In Events > Settings > Display > Events template, you can choose which template to use for displaying events pages. By default, this lets you pick between using your theme’s page template, or a default Events template. Any other custom page templates your theme or you have added will also show up here. So, whatever template is selected will be the one you will want to work with.

If you are using the default page template from your theme here, you would want to make a copy of the page.php template in your main theme, and put it in your child theme. This is where you would add whatever code is required by the plugin. It will take precedence over the page.php template in the parent theme.

Hope that helps! Good luck and let us know if you have any more questions regarding the Events Calendar.

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Breadcrumbs | Categories’ is closed to new replies.