Book hours and payment

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Book hours and payment

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mo

Hi,

I am a consultant and I am looking for a solution where people can book some hours (one by one or a bunch of ten (different prices)) directly out of my calendar (i.e. every Friday from 9 to 12).
    My clients should pay directly for the hour(s) via credit card and they should immediately receive an invoice via email (regarding tax issues every invoice has to have an individual number).
    After the payment every hour should be blocked in my Google account (for business).

For the first step I would like to implement Paypal as a payment processor.

What kind of your products do I need to let my idea come true?
    Do I need woocommerce for that?

Do you have other ideas or hints for my plans or recommendations for wordpress (plugins etc.)?

Many thanks!

Best regards,
    Mo

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Mo,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I’d be happy to answer your questions.

Reading through what you need, most of those need can be covered by our plugins. Let me give you the details.

After the payment every hour should be blocked in my Google account (for business).

While our plugin is able to import events from a google calendar, it export / write to google calendar, so you cannot block hours in a google calendar after a purchase. This might be possible with some development work, but that is beyond the scope of the support we provide.

However, if you use only The Events Calendar and Event Tickets / Event Tickets Plus, you can set it up that every hour you want to sell has only 1 ticket available. Once that is sold, the event / hour becomes sold out.

What kind of your products do I need to let my idea come true?

You will need at least The Events Calendar, Event Tickets, and Event Tickets Plus. Also you will need an eCommerce platform like WooCommerce or Easy Digital Downloads as they handle payment processing.

My clients should pay directly for the hour(s) via credit card and they should immediately receive an invoice via email (regarding tax issues every invoice has to have an individual number).

This can be achieved via WooCommerce: payment processing via credit card, PayPal or similar, invoice generation and so on. You might need some extensions for WooCommerce for some of the features.

(one by one or a bunch of ten (different prices)

This again is a feature that could be provided by WooCommerce (or EDD).

A note on the “booking 10” feature: for this the user would need to add 10 tickets of the different times / events to the basket and WooCommerce would need to handle the discount for that somehow automatically.

While your idea could be handled by our plugins in some way, they might not be the best option. I would recommend you to look around and check out other options as well. One that comes to my mind is Sensei from the WooCommerce guys, and I’m sure there are other plugins, which have better support for selling time.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. I’d be more than happy to answer them for you.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Book hours and payment’ is closed to new replies.