Blocking access to admin bar in Community not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Blocking access to admin bar in Community not working

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Graeme
    Participant

Hi!
    I just wrapped a ticket up with Casey but it now transpires that was somewhat premature. The issue all began when I could see the admin bar when logged in as a test subscriber. I eventually got it working but now it doesn’t work. I have tried a bunch of test logins, both from creating the users within my admin dashboard and from the front-end. I’m going to Events > Settings > Community > Access Control > Block Acess (checked). I have also tried blocking different roles but understand this is only for wp-admin, and it makes no difference anyway. Can you advise?

Casey
    Participant

Graeme,
    Hey! Could you send me a private reply with an admin login to your site so I can take a closer look? Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Graeme
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey
    Participant

Graeme,
    I took a look with a subscriber user account, and verified that your Community settings were set correctly, but the admin bar was still displaying. I did notice that you have quite a few plugins installed. Could you try deactivating all other plugins to see if there’s a conflict, or if one of them is overriding the Community settings?

If that doesn’t change anything, it’s possible your theme could be manually adding the admin bar also. If that’s the case, then give this tutorial a try to see if it removes the admin bar for non-admins: http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-disable-wordpress-admin-bar-for-all-users-except-administrators/

Just let me know what you discover. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Graeme
    Participant

Hi Casey.
    Thanks for this! I decided to use the code in my functions.php file as per the link you sent, as opposed to testing the plugins – as I really need all of them!
    It works!
    Thanks again. Phew – all done! I will certainly leave a review!
    Best regards,
    Graeme

Casey
    Participant

Awesome! Glad to hear that got you fixed up. Thanks again! 🙂

-Casey-

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Blocking access to admin bar in Community not working’ is closed to new replies.