Block user type but still enable admin toolbar

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Block user type but still enable admin toolbar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    huckster512
    Participant

Under access control, when I block subscribers (from Roles to block) they are still able to add/edit events from the admin bar. When I check Block access to WordPress Admin, they are not able to add/edit events, but it totally removes the admin bar.

So what I need is to block the subscribers but not hide the admin bar. Does this make sense? If so, how can this be accomplished.

huckster512
    Participant

One more observation, when I block subscribers and tick Block access to WordPress Admin, if user is logged in as a subscriber and goes to the direct link- http://www.site-url.com/events/community/add, said user is able to add an event. please advise.

Barry

Hi huckster512,

Under access control, when I block subscribers (from Roles to block) they are still able to add/edit events from the admin bar. When I check Block access to WordPress Admin, they are not able to add/edit events, but it totally removes the admin bar.

The Block access and Roles to block settings work together. In other words the roles you have chosen to block will not be blocked until the Block access setting is enabled.

So if we look at your second observation:

when I block subscribers and tick Block access to WordPress Admin, if user is logged in as a subscriber and goes to the direct link- http://www.site-url.com/events/community/add, said user is able to add an event.

That is by design and is the intended behaviour here – we aren’t stopping them from submitting events via the add events form – we’re just blocking them from entering the admin environment.

So to return to your question:

So what I need is to block the subscribers but not hide the admin bar.

It probably is possible but would be tricky and isn’t something we can really help with – you’d need either a good level of WordPress development know-how to put this together or else would need to engage a developer/designer to do it on your behalf.

Thanks!

Barry

As I don’t feel there’s too much more we can do for you here I’ll go ahead and close this thread (unless I hear back from you in the next few days).

Thanks!

huckster512
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

To request a refund please email my colleague Leah (pro at tri dot be) with a link to this thread and a quick summary of the problem/reason behind your request.

Refund requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis but if you contact Leah in the first instance she will take things from there.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Block user type but still enable admin toolbar’ is closed to new replies.