Blank Venue & Organizer

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Blank Venue & Organizer

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Barry

Yes, exactly so.

Barry

John: we’ll leave this open for a while longer in case any other information comes to light – as before though right now I’m struggling to think of other ways we can realistically help out with this one.

jebs38
    Participant

Barry,

Is it possible that I have stretched the plugin too far. I now have over 1,800 events in the database. I am really concerned about this issue because your calendar is a major part of my site and I cannot afford to have it degrade any further. It has to be reliable or I have to get rid of it and I don’t think there are any real calendar alternatives out there. I am also concerned that something is happening to the database that might corrupt it. The data seems to be getting scrambled or eliminated or is not showing up where it should.

Can you tell me why exactly that you and your company are not willing to come in and look at the plugin ecosystem on my site to do the troubleshooting?

Barry

Hi John,

Let me try to answer some of the key questions you’ve raised in turn.

Is it possible that I have stretched the plugin too far. I now have over 1,800 events in the database.

I don’t think that that sort of volume of events is a red flag as such: we regularly run tests with very high volumes of events and I just don’t see a link between this number and the principal problem you described when you opened this thread.

I am also concerned that something is happening to the database that might corrupt it. The data seems to be getting scrambled or eliminated or is not showing up where it should.

It’s difficult to answer that and I’m assuming there are other factors leading you to think this besides the initially reported problem with venue/organizer names.

Corruption is a loaded term and I’m unsure if you mean that the data within the database is becoming corrupted or if the database itself is becoming corrupted (which would be far more serious, though it is often possible to recover from such a situation). If you want to discuss this further I’d ask you break it out into a separate thread and highlight anything (like instances of data being scrambled) that has led you to this conclusion.

Can you tell me why exactly that you and your company are not willing to come in and look at the plugin ecosystem on my site to do the troubleshooting?

We’d love to help further if we could, but we have to be realistic about how much time we can spend troubleshooting a problem that we’ve been unable to identify as a general bug in our code and that even you cannot replicate outside of this one installation. We have already spent a considerable amount of time on this issue and have worked hard to reproduce and isolate this – but our resources are, unfortunately, not without limit.

Hands-on troubleshooting by a developer with access to your site may well uncover the source of this issue, but I’m afraid that’s just not a level of service we can provide for you.

I’m sorry we can’t offer you more on this occasion.

jebs38
    Participant

Barry,
    I am really disappointed in your support at this point. You are writing me off and I do not appreciate it. I have a lot to say but I had to tell you first that I am not happy with you or your company right now.

John

jebs38
    Participant

Barry,

The corruption issue that I am speaking of is basic. This thread is titled: “Blank Venue & Organizer” The venue information is not being transferred over into the correct cell in the table or it is not displaying for some reason. Is that not corruption of the database? What exactly do you call that then? Corrupt data transmission? Missing data? Corrupt Data? I don’t care what we call it. I just want to fix it.
    John

jebs38
    Participant

I also wanted to know if you might be able to help me in planning a strategy to rebuild a copy of my site and import all the events that are currently on my site. I have tried using the default WordPress import but it never seems to work very well with as many events as I have on my calendar. Do you have any suggestions?

John

jebs38
    Participant

I looked into your CSV Import function and you guys don’t exactly give it fabulous ratings or endorsements.

Rob

Hey John: thanks for the note here. I’m a bit confused by your statement above – regarding how disappointed you are in support and with the company – after I’ve been making the effort to personally assist you separately via email, and indeed have even mentioned that the door is open if you have concerns regarding how you perceive other threads being handled. Those are the types of concerns that should be raised with me, so I can take meaningful action, rather than to the support person handling it. But it’s sort of disappointing seeing this after I feel we’ve already tried to make it clear we want to help you out as best we can.

John, I can say with certainty – based on reviewing this thread and the time clocked to it, as well as after chatting about it a few times with Barry – that we have already spent far more time looking into this issue than we do for most user requests on the forum. We are generally hesitant to go into user sites to troubleshoot unless it’s clear that doing so will yield answers that our entire customer base will benefit from; in situations like this, though, where the issue seems specific to something with your installation (we still have been unable to recreate it), it’d be unfair to other customers for us to spend an inordinate amount of time researching this problem.

I’m not sure what else to say that Barry hasn’t already conveyed more eloquently, except this: we value you as a customer and I know based on past exchanges how long you’ve been with us. If there is anything we can do to better set expectations as to how far we can and can’t go in certain situations, as well as any ideas you have for getting this relationship back on track (with the understanding that troubleshooting this specific issue would likely be a large amount of time with little payoff to the rest of our users), I’d welcome your ideas.

jebs38
    Participant

Rob,

I did not bother you with this because you told me that Barry was handling it.

I work very hard on my site and I have a full time job besides this. If I have a base calendar events plugin that is corrupted now because of something that I did, I am at a loss in knowing which way to turn.

I cannot say that I am happy that you guys are closing the doors on this issue. I wish you could help but you can’t.

It never works out well to give a tech support person a feeling statement. I should know better by now.

I am really frustrated and I do appreciate your help and your concern. Barry, I am sorry I offended you.

John

jebs38
    Participant

You don’t have time, so just close this out.

Rob

Hey John: I’m really sorry that we let you down here and haven’t been able to live up to your expectations. I will close this out since I don’t think there is much more to be said here, but know that I’ve sent you an email privately to continue this discussion as I don’t want you to feel abandoned here.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘Blank Venue & Organizer’ is closed to new replies.