Blank Dates Auto Fills as Current Date

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Blank Dates Auto Fills as Current Date

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Wade
    Participant

When i publish an event that may not have dates, it automatically fills in todays date. in some cases, i just want to display an event and have RSVP to gauge interest, so that i can set a date when there is enough interest in the event. is there a way that i can just display an event without a date, or without the event showing a date of whenever the date was published?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Wade!

Thanks for reaching out to us! 🙂 Let me help you with that.

All event must have a start date, because that’s the only for the plugin to add it to the calendar.

There might be a workaround for your specific case. If you go to Events > Settings > Tickets tab you can activate to have RSVP tickets into a Post or Page. So, you can then create a post/page to promote that event and add RSVP functionality to it.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have other questions and I’d be happy to help! 🙂

Best,
    Victor

Wade
    Participant

this didnt help. i am looking to be able to not have a date on an event. i dont care if it is not eligible for the calendar listing or not.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Wade!

I’m sorry that is not of help in your case.

Unfortunately, there is no built in way to accomplish what you are looking for. Our plugin’s events were designed to require a start and end dates.

You may be able to achieve that by making a customization of some sort. Perhaps hiding the event start/end dates when setting a custom setting in the event.

I can see the use of having an event that does not have a start/end date. It might be something other users to be interested in, so I’d encourage you to post it as a new idea in our User Voice. This way, others can vote for it so it makes its way into a future feature release.

If needed I can help you elaborate this idea further. Let me know about it.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Blank Dates Auto Fills as Current Date’ is closed to new replies.