Bind Event organizer with logged user

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Bind Event organizer with logged user

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    GDPR20191021
    Participant

Hi,
    is there a way to bind the Event organizer to the logged user in the admin so the user has not to enter its information or select from the saved organizer list all the time?
    Thanks in advance!

Josh
    Participant

Hello hotcity,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

This would definitely need customization beyond what we’re able to provide in the forums but hopefully I can get you pointed in the right direction. It seems for this, you have 2 starting options:

1. <span style=”line-height: 13px;”>Create a new custom meta field for the Organizer CPT and populate that with the users for your site. Then, when you create an Organizer you can associate the necessary user with that organizer. </span>
    2. You could create a dropdown within the User profile settings that lists all the Organizers and you can associate the Organizer with the user there.

Personally, I would go the route of creating the dropdown for the user profile. I would then customize the output of the single event template using our Themer’s Guide to check whether an Organizer has been set for the event. If it hasn’t, get the author information and grab the Organizer ID based on that new field within the user profile. You could then query the Organizer using that ID.

Granted, there are some drawbacks with this approach. The main one off the top of my head would be associated with archives and filtering based on Organizer. If it isn’t directly set within the event, it won’t show when filtering even though the details show on the single event view.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

GDPR20191021
    Participant

Hi Josh,
    thanks for your reply! I’ll give it a try.
    Best regards.

GDPR20191021
    Participant

Hi Josh,
    one more question: is it possible to do this with your “Community Events” plugin, so that the logged in user has it’s own “Event Organizer” and it’s own “Venue”?
    Thanks in advance for your help!

Josh
    Participant

Hello hotcity,

Thanks for following up with us.

The solution for this would be very similar to the original solution for the backend addition of this feature. As a step further, what you could do would be to check against the Organizer ID associated with the user and then auto select that Organizer within the options using the Themer’s Guide and using the appropriate views for the community submission form. This would take some customization beyond the scope of what we can provide via support but could be accomplished.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Bind Event organizer with logged user’ is closed to new replies.