Best way to extend Organizer and Venue with extra fields?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Best way to extend Organizer and Venue with extra fields?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    danieldekay
    Participant

I’dlike to have some extra fields at the Organizer and Venue custom post types. E.g. what kind of location is it, how big, what kind of floor (we are doing dancing events).
    What’s the best way to do that?

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, danieldekay. This definitely sounds like a worthwhile customization.

I regret to say that there isn’t really a perfect solution using the built-in interface. I could see working around it by either putting that info into an Additional Field drop-down in the Event listing or including the info in the Venue description. Neither of those solutions really give you what you want though.

Beyond that, I’m afraid you’re looking at finding someone to help you through developing a custom solution for your site. That’s, unfortunately, beyond the scope of what we can help you with in this forum. If you like, we’re happy to share a list of freelancers whom we can vouch for, who would be able to evaluate what you’d be looking at to implement something like this.

I’m sorry I couldn’t be of more assistance!

Kelly
    Participant

Also, if you’d like to suggest this as a feature for a future release, we’d be grateful if you’d post it on our User Voice page at tribe.uservoice.com.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Best way to extend Organizer and Venue with extra fields?’ is closed to new replies.