Best way to add relationship between Event and custom_post like "DJ"?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Best way to add relationship between Event and custom_post like "DJ"?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    danieldekay
    Participant

From your experience: which of the custom_post plugins for wordpress (such as Pods) works best with ECP? Are there any known incompatibilities?
    I’d like to add a DJ post_type that is linked to my events, and I will have multiple DJs at each event (and multiple events per DJ). Any hints? Thanks!

Leah

Hi danieldekay,

Thanks for your post, and my apologies for the delayed response. I myself am not sure what a good custom_post plugin would be for your purposes, but I’m going to pass this along to a co-worker who might be able to point in the right direction.

I did want to ask though- have you considered using our Additional Fields feature for adding the DJs to your events? Or was there a specific reason you wanted to go with a custom_post plugin instead?

Cheers,
    Leah

danieldekay
    Participant

Dear Leah, the reason is simple: I want to have a link between an event and multiple DJs or teachers who are at that event. Each linked person should get its own page that has content about that person as well as links back to the events, similar to what Organizer pages look like.
    It doesn’t have to be a plugin, I would also do php setup if the custom post type if necessary.
    Daniel

Leah

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for clarifying, that definitely makes sense. One plugin you might want to check out is SubPosts. If you’d prefer something free and are willing to dig into it a bit, you could also use Posts 2 Posts from the wp.org repo, but it’s more technical and there is no support with it.

Hopefully one of the above will work for you. We can do our best to help you set up the relations using the plugins. If you go with SubPosts you might also check out this review/tutorial by Pippin (pippinsplugins).

Best,
    Leah

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Daniel. As it’s been over two weeks since your last reply, I’m going to close this thread. Please open a new one if you choose to pursue this further in the future.

Thanks for being part of the TEC community! 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Best way to add relationship between Event and custom_post like "DJ"?’ is closed to new replies.