Before and After Tickets go on Sale

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Before and After Tickets go on Sale

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Marcus
    Participant

My client has requested a message on the single event page that says either “Ticket sales begin on [the opening ticket date].” or “Ticket sales have ended.” based on the Sale Start and Sale End dates. Is there a straightforward way to approach this? Thanks for you insight!

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Marcus. Great question! 🙂

The quick answer is that it’s tricky but not impossible depending on your fluency with the WooCommerce codebase. The most straightforward way would probably be to use a plugin like this one:

http://ignitewoo.com/woocommerce-extensions-plugins/woocommerce-scheduled-sales/

and then use the settings panel to hook into that.

It would be a good idea to get in touch with the plugin developer if you have any questions whether it will be the right solution for you.

Good luck! 🙂

Marcus
    Participant

Thanks, Kelly.
    That approach does sound a little tricky and costly. While it’s not exactly what I had in mind, I modified the wootickets/tickets.php view to simply count the number of available ticket posts it came back with. If it’s one or more, it displays, but if none are available, it echoes “Tickets are not currently on sale for this event.”

Kelly
    Participant

That sounds like a great workaround. Nicely done, Marcus! 🙂

Also, if you have a few minutes and would like to request this behavior as a feature, we’d be grateful if you would suggest it on our User Voice page: https://tribe.uservoice.com/

Thanks!

John Meilink
    Participant

@Marcus, would you mind sharing how you accomplished this?
    I’m trying to echo the ticket price even if the sales have ended… in order to show something like, “Online sales have ended. Tickets are available at the box office for {$ticket_price}.”
    @Kelly, maybe you have an idea?

Marcus
    Participant

@efeqdev — In wootickets/tickets.php, near the bottom:

if ( $is_there_any_product ) {
    [the title, $contents, and submit button]
    } else {
    echo ‘Tickets for this event are not on sale at this time.’;
    }

For that last line, in your case, you could say:
    echo “Online sales have ended. Tickets are available at the box office for ” . $this->get_price_html( $product );

John Meilink
    Participant

Thanks a million, @Marcus!
    That’s the perfect solution.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Before and After Tickets go on Sale’ is closed to new replies.