Batch registration, and individual member accounts

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Batch registration, and individual member accounts

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Gabrielle
    Participant

Hi. We have a need for admins to batch register users for multiple events (fitness classes). Right now admins have to registers 10 events for one user, one by one, which is very time-consuming. Batch registration will save time.

Also, does the Events Calendar support user logins? We have returning members and it’s daunting to continuously put in the same registration content every time.

Barry

Hi Gabrielle,

We have a need for admins to batch register users for multiple events (fitness classes). Right now admins have to registers 10 events for one user, one by one, which is very time-consuming. Batch registration will save time.

Can you expand on this – are the events recurring in nature? If so, currently, I’m afraid neither Event Tickets nor Event Tickets Plus fully support this, as stated on the product page, but we hope to add support in a future release.

Also, does the Events Calendar support user logins? We have returning members and it’s daunting to continuously put in the same registration content every time.

Not directly, but if you are already using Event Tickets Plus with either WooCommerce or Easy Digital Downloads you should find that either of those plugins offer user account facilities, including letting existing users login and make more purchases/review their accounts.

Let me know if I can help further!

Gabrielle
    Participant

Hi Barry!

Thanks for the reply. For the first part, what I mean is that a user will come into our business asking us to register them for multiple different classes. Often 10 separate classes at a time. It is very time consuming having to input all the information one class at a time and we were wondering if there was an easier way.

We do have Event Tickets Plus, but we haven’t used them for user accounts yet. Can we still use the shopping cart feature if all our events are free? We pretty much just use the ticketing feature to make sure that our classes don’t become over booked.

Thanks so much!

Barry

Hi Gabrielle,

Thanks for clarifying!

I’m afraid that currently there is no easier way that is ‘baked in’ to our plugins. We’d be open to any suggestions you have for new features to help with this:

UserVoice (feature request) page

Can we still use the shopping cart feature if all our events are free? We pretty much just use the ticketing feature to make sure that our classes don’t become over booked.

Yes – if you are using WooCommerce (as an example) then you can ‘sell’ free products and this applies to products, too, though you might need to make some tweaks to force users to be logged in 🙂

Gabrielle
    Participant

Ok, great!

One more quick question. Are you saying that if we want to go the route of requiring users to log in, that ALL users will need to log in? We can’t have some with an account and others without?

Thanks again!

Barry

Are you saying that if we want to go the route of requiring users to log in, that ALL users will need to log in? We can’t have some with an account and others without?

No not necessarily, I just assumed that was what you were aiming for 🙂

Really though this comes down to the different ways in which you can configure WooCommerce (if that is the underlying ecommerce provider you are using).

I believe you can set it up to allow both – but if in doubt it could be worth running a few tests and/or checking in with their team.

Gabrielle
    Participant

Ok great! We don’t use WooCommerce or anything like that yet. Just the Events plugins. I’ll look into the WooCommerce thing and see what I can do. Thanks for your time!

Barry

Gotcha.

They certainly aren’t required, if you aren’t selling anything, but they do also provide a range of features and functionality that you can build on top of.

Of course, this is just a suggestion and with some creativity it may be you can build a lighter solution that meets your needs — but, “out of the box”, our plugins alone won’t quite fulfill your complete requirements.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Batch registration, and individual member accounts’ is closed to new replies.