Barcode/QR Code Hack Found? I WILL PAY for a dev to help me.

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Barcode/QR Code Hack Found? I WILL PAY for a dev to help me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Assuming the title is OK here, because lots of us have been asking for this feature for a long time and it’s just not happening. I just had a booking for a 1500 person event (I use WooTickets to run my own local ticketing company). The lack of a decent check in feature is holding me back. Either I’m going to have to hack my way around getting this to work or switch to event espresso (and pay them my recurring license fee and not tri.be for what I feel is an inferior product over there at EE).

The crux of the issue is:
    Ticket needs QR code.
    Need an app to scan that QR code and checkin against a database.

I’m wondering if WooCommerce’s barcode plugin combined with this would work – http://docs.woothemes.com/document/woocommerce-order-barcodes/ – this would need hacking so that it outputs the barcode on the ticket rather than the order confirmation.

Then we could combine it with this : http://www.gocanvas.com/content/blog/post/creating-your-very-own-bar-code-scanning-app-in-minutes

Before I go an post for a dev to help me elsewhere I’m wondering if anyone here want’s a go? It’s not an ideal solution and will cost me more but I need this…

My background is software so I completely understand Tri.be not committing to this, but some kind of roadmap really needs communicating to paying customers now for this feature, this was not a one-off plugin purchase for many off us, we renew for support and upgrades (hopefully) each year.

Yes I have voted on Uservoice.

Yours hopefully.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reaching out and explaining what you are looking for. I agree out ticketing solution is very simple right now and that the features you would like would really make it more useful.

We are working on advancing our Ticketing Solution and it is on the Roadmap, it is possible it could be done by the end of the year, but I am afraid I do not have a set timetable so I do not want to set an expectation on when it will be done.

We have a list of developers that maybe able to help you, if you email us at pro(at)tri.be we can provide that list.

Otherwise, I can leave the ticket here open so someone else could post here, beyond that there is not much else I can do through the forum.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Chris
    Participant

Thanks Brian. I will drop you an email for that developer list.

Leaving this open in case someone wants to chime in 🙂

Brian
    Keymaster

Sounds good. I will leave this open for now. We usually close tickets after about two weeks, but I will post another message when I close the ticket.

Thanks

Motorco
    Participant

I have added QRCodes to the WooTickets plugin. I also hacked the checkin admin page a bit to make it easier to use a barcode scanner at the door to check in ticket holders. I’ve only just deployed this to one venue – it’s still a bit early and I’m sure there are kinks yet. I also didn’t fully implement it as a portable, separate customization. I am currently working on that (so that upgrades are easier).

Brian
    Keymaster

Thanks for posting the information Mike.

Dirk
    Participant

You got me very excited that this kind of solution might be on your roadmap for the end of this year. Or at least soon! Very excited!

Chris
    Participant

Mike – sounds good I’d love to hear more about that solution. When is your next event – let us know how it goes. Perhaps we could team up and turn it in to a standalone customisation.

In the mean time, time is running out for me I’ve having to buy Event Espresso. I’ve decided to run it on a subdomain just for the purchase of tickets for a certain event, so I can still use the Events Calendar for people to search for events on my main site. Shame I’ve had to go this route but it was my only option really.

Brian
    Keymaster

musician4you I do not want to get you too excited yet, we are working on advancing the ticketing framework, but not sure of the final features and timeline. It is in progress though.

Going to leave this ticket open for a little bit longer, but it may get closed in the next week or so.

Brian
    Keymaster

I am going to close this topic. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Barcode/QR Code Hack Found? I WILL PAY for a dev to help me.’ is closed to new replies.