Bar Filter Form not working/behaving erratically

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Bar Filter Form not working/behaving erratically

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mmirus
    Participant

I have an issue with the Bar Filter form giving displaying without fields randomly or not responding on submit. If you go in and use it by searching “GLA”, it will display the results, but the form will stop responding at this point. Also, the list view drop-downs disappear randomly as well. Any tips on debugging this?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having. I can help troubleshoot them with you.

I took a look at your site and you are referring to the search bar, with date, keyword, and location search at the top of the events, correct?

I am seeing an error in the console that looks to be causing the issue.

It looks like your site has customized the search bar as it should look closer to this:

http://wpshindig.com/events/

The customization could be in the Enfold theme, which does have some custom coding so the theme could be doing this.

Can you try changing to a WordPress Codex theme (Twenty-Thirteen, etc) and see if that helps?

Let me know.

Thanks

mmirus
    Participant

Yep, changed the theme and now the filter bar functions normally. I used some code I found in the forums to modify the filter bar on the other theme. Here it is: http://pastebin.com/XmE40r8s

Is that what’s affecting it? Before I did that code it worked mostly.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you have your Enfold theme active and you do not have the coding to put a dropdowon in the search bar does it work then? You said it mostly works, but I am not sure what that means.

Also, you can contact Enfold and they have coding or a way to disable their extras for the Events Calendar that might help as well, but it could also change how the Events look too.

Cheers

mmirus
    Participant

I removed the dropdown that I had previously added, and I still get erratic results. I think if there’s nothing in the search query (in the URL) then it works fine, but as soon as you search something, then search again, it redirects you to the home page.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok well that custom coding might be part of this.

But as you said here:

Yep, changed the theme and now the filter bar functions normally.

Can you contact Enfold and see if they have coding to remove their changes to fix this? As it appears the plugin is working, but Enfold has coding that we did not create causing the issue.

From this thread in this forum they have a solution that might help:

http://www.kriesi.at/support/topic/enfold-3-0-and-tribe-events-calendar-3-8/#post-329763

mmirus
    Participant

I tried that, and also stripped out every customization that I have made since starting this project.

No matter what happens, at some point after using the form I get a “Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘length’ of null” error. Is this from modified CSS perhaps? Did changing the width break the form? I’m all out of ideas here.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

I am not sure what the issue is here.

It could be the css, but usually it is changes in the html markup that might cause this more then css changes.

Brian
    Keymaster

Since there is has not been any activity on this thread for over 2 weeks so I am now closing it. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Bar Filter Form not working/behaving erratically’ is closed to new replies.