Background Not Appearing

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Background Not Appearing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Site

Greetings!
    I am using The Events Calendar with the Eventbrite Tickets plugin. I applied a template from my theme, but something isn’t working right. The layout is appearing correctly, but my background disappears. Then, once I have clicked on ‘Events’ and then attempt to navigate to a different page, the background doesn’t re-appear until I click on the ‘Home’ button.

I have already contacted my developer of my theme, who I granted a temporary admin account to and was told:
    “I apologize. You would need to get in touch with the Plugin Publishers
    Tech support. The plugin ignores/overwrites the WordPress background image no matter with what settings and page templates. The background image is set by WordPress itself not even the SmallBiz Theme.”

I would love to resolve this as soon as possible- as we have already paid for the plugin and it is in production. Thanks!

Regards,
    Jared

Site

Nothing? We paid $50 for a half-working plugin and no support?

Rob

Hi there, Site. Thanks for the note and my apologies for the inconvenience. As I mentioned in our email exchange it can take us up to 2 (two) business days to respond to a given thread on here and appreciate everyone’s patience as we work through the queue of issues.

On this problem: I appreciate your explanation. This isn’t an issue that has been reported before and doesn’t seem to be occurring on any of the other sites we’ve helped out with so far, and as such my guess is that something else is at play here. I assume you have already tested the deactivation route, for both plugins and the theme? This would entail first, deactivating your other plugins one-by-one until just The Events Calendar/Eventbrite remain alongside the theme. If the problem still persists there it’d involve reverting to the default 2011 theme, still with no other plugins active. Can you confirm whether you’ve done this?

I’ve got a dev looking into specifically what your theme developer reported and will comment here once he’s been able to validate as much, or provide any more information on this end. Should be sometime this evening but may be tomorrow morning. It’d be helpful to have a link to the site so we can view this directly (and would help expedite a resolution). Mind sharing one or sending the link to the email account we exchanged messages with previously? Thanks in advance, and for your patience so far.

Site

Sorry for my absence in this matter, I got bored of waiting and have been focused on other things. The site is: http://myrevocabletrust.com.

Rob

Hey Site. No problem; thanks for the follow-up. I’ve got the dev taking a look here – if you could confirm the theme being used as well (and ideally send a copy of that over to pro /a/ tri.be for testing purposes) it’d help us reach a resolution on this issue in as timely a fashion as possible.

In our local testing, the plugin is working fine with a custom background, so it sounds like something else is at play here.

Rob

Hi again, Site. Following up on this: it appears the issue has been resolved on your site, no? When I click from the home page into the Events calendar, the white background remains in place. Clicking around the various pages of the calendar maintain this background. And clicking away to a separate, non-events related page…the background remains. I wasn’t able to get it to change at all in viewing your site.

Is there a step we’re missing, or have you resolved this?

Rob

Hey Site. As we haven’t heard from you in a while, I’m going to go ahead and close this thread out in the interest of organization here on the forums. Should you find that this issue emerges again please post a new thread and we’ll follow-up as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Background Not Appearing’ is closed to new replies.