Backend: sidebar doesn't show events links

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Backend: sidebar doesn't show events links

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Stefan

I was planning to use a plugin named “W4 post list”. When it is activated, it takes the places of “Events” in the sidebar. As far as I checked it’s a replacement, not en overlap. Only one of the plugins can be used. Is there a fix for this? Can the Events link be moved somewhere else?

Rob

That’s an odd situation; you’re the first to report it. Is this (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/w4-post-list/) the plugin you mean? Have you tried reaching out to that plugin’s dev to hear if he’s gotten other reports of his plugin conflicting with others?

Stefan

Left a comment in their forum. I’m using the recent RC1 of WordPress. Thank you for your quick reply.

Rob

Thanks for confirming, Stefan. Can you link me to that forum post, or is it for users only? I’d like to tell that dev that I’d be happy to give him a copy of this plugin to test against if it’d help…

Rob

Also, what happens if you use the regular WP 3.2.1 release? Does the issue persist?

Stefan

There was a fix posted in W4’s comment thread:

Change the admin.php file inside the ‘admin’ folder of the plugin.
    Line: add_menu_page( W4PL_NAME , W4PL_NAME , $w4pl_plugin_option[‘access_cap’], W4PL_SLUG, ‘w4pl_admin_page’, W4PL_URL .’scripts/icon.jpg’, ‘6’ );

to

add_menu_page( W4PL_NAME , W4PL_NAME , $w4pl_plugin_option[‘access_cap’], W4PL_SLUG, ‘w4pl_admin_page’, W4PL_URL .’scripts/icon.jpg’, ‘6.5’ );

(http://w4dev.com/w4-plugin/w4-post-list/)

Rob

Ah, excellent to hear you got that resolved. Let us know if anything else comes up.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Backend: sidebar doesn't show events links’ is closed to new replies.