Backend demo

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Backend demo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Udo

Hi,

I’m almost set on buying the Events Calendar Pro + Community + ​Filter bar, and thinking about the Facebook integration as well.

I have a few remaining doubts that I could most easily clear by checking out the complete backend with all modules installed. Can I get access to a demo server?

Some other questions:

1. Due to the lack of WPML support, I’m thinking of setting up a multisite installation with one subsite per country (my site will be global). It’s not perfect (think of multilingual countries like Canada, or the US for that matter, and of couse the separate databases for each country), but better than nothing while we wait for that support. Question: Is it possible to run this in this configuration of different language in each subsite? I also assume that one license would be enough since I’m not really running multiple sites but just working around a limitation of the software?

2. Does the community events plugin support recurring events on the frontend create / edit interface? I guess so, but can’t see it on the demo server.

3. Related to the above, why does your demo site not showcase all available features? For example, I can’t see the location search bar anywhere.

4. On http://wpshindig.com/events/community/add I’m asked to enter credentials. What are they? Would like to test it.

That’s it for now and many thanks!

Udo

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the interest in our plugins.

We are unable to provide admin credentials for the demo site. You can demo most of the backend by using our the core version of the Events Calendar found on wordpress.org

I have answered your questions below:

1. Due to the lack of WPML support, I’m thinking of setting up a multisite installation with one subsite per country (my site will be global). It’s not perfect (think of multilingual countries like Canada, or the US for that matter, and of couse the separate databases for each country), but better than nothing while we wait for that support. Question: Is it possible to run this in this configuration of different language in each subsite? I also assume that one license would be enough since I’m not really running multiple sites but just working around a limitation of the software?

You should be able to use one license and run your site like this, I do not see why not.

2. Does the community events plugin support recurring events on the frontend create / edit interface? I guess so, but can’t see it on the demo server.

Yes it supports Recurring Events created on the front end.

3. Related to the above, why does your demo site not showcase all available features? For example, I can’t see the location search bar anywhere.

Not sure why it is not active, but the location search is a field next to the Date Search Field.

4. On http://wpshindig.com/events/community/add I’m asked to enter credentials. What are they? Would like to test it.

You can click the register button and create an account for WordPress I believe.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Udo

Thanks Brian.

For 3., I think I found the issue. Your demo server seems to have set the option

“Disable the Event Search Bar”
    Check this to use the classic header.

I think this doesn’t make a lot of sense, why not show the newest feature instead if displaying the old “classic” version? Can you get this changed?

Location search is a super important part for me but right now I can only see it on a screenshot, which is not enough to decide if it works for me.

Another question: Is WPML compatibility part of 4.0 or planned for a later release, or not sure yet?

Thanks!
    Udo

Brian
    Keymaster

I enabled the Search Bar on the demo, not sure why it was not on.

We are working on a backend demo, but I do not have a timeline when it might be released.

And I do not have a timeline for WPML compatibility.

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Backend demo’ is closed to new replies.