Back button after deleting an event

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Back button after deleting an event

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Pablo
    Participant

Hello guys,

First of all, congratulations for the job! I am very happy with your plugins and add-ons

Concerning the add-on of the community, I got a problem just after deleting an event. On the “result” view I got the “<< Back” link, and when I press it, I literally see the previous screen, with my “deleted” event included. Of course, if I try to delete it again then I see the message saying that I have no permissions to delete that event.

Maybe you could change this behaviour? I think is on:

public function doDelete( $tribe_event_id ) (tribe-community-events.php)

In the last part:
    $output .= ‘« ‘ . _x( ‘Back’, ‘As in “go back to previous page”‘, ‘tribe-events-community’ ) . ‘‘;

I think it would be enough by changing the link to the ordinary “My events” view? Is there any other scenario where the previous screen is not “My events”?

It is maybe a problem of Chrome?

Thanks and regards,

Jami
    Blocked

Hey Pablo! It’s great to hear from you and thanks a million for your kind words! 🙂

I’m trying to re-create the behavior you’ve described and I want to make sure that I’m taking the same steps. Do you mean that you’re deleting the event from the WordPress Dashboard but the event is still showing up publicly in your events list?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
    Jami

Pablo
    Participant

Hello Jami,

Sorry for my bad explanation skills! Hehe

No, what I mean is:
    1. I go to “My events” in the community screen (I have the community add-on)
    2. I delete one event
    3. On the “landing page” after send the form, I get the link “Back”. If I click it it goes literally back… what I mean is that I still can see the deleted event, instead of the fresh list without the recently removed event.

I think it has to do with the javascript behaviour that you have implemented in the “Back” button… maybe a real link to “My events” would solve the problem?

Only checked in Chrome.

Thanks,

Jami
    Blocked

Thanks for the quick response, Pablo! I’m definitely able to recreate that issue now and I’ve gone ahead and reported it to our developers along with a link to this forum thread. The good news is that the deleted event is removed after the “My Events” page is refreshed but I can see how it’s confusing to see it still listed there initially.

I’ll keep you posted on the progress with that and want to thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the mean time.

Kind Regards,
    Jami

Pablo
    Participant

Thank you Jami! That’s all!

Awesome support!

Thanks and regards,

Pablo
    Participant

I close the thread.

Jami
    Blocked

Thanks again for your help, Pablo! If you have any other questions or come across anything else, feel free to open a new forum thread. 🙂

Kind Regards,
    Jami

Leah

Hi there,

Thanks again for your post. We wanted to get in touch and let you know that although we weren’t able to address this issue in our upcoming 3.10 release, it is still very much a priority. We have a ticket in our system and will be investigating a solution for a future version. Thank you for your patience and support while we work on this!

Cheers,
    The Events Calendar Team

Leah

Hello,

Thank you again for bringing this issue to our attention. We’re happy to say that we have added a fix for this into our upcoming version 3.11 release. Keep an eye on your Updates page for the new version. If you have any trouble with the update (or are still seeing this problem after you update) please start a new thread and we’d be happy to help out.

Thank you for your patience while we got this release ready to go!

Best,
    Leah
    and the rest of The Events Calendar team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Back button after deleting an event’ is closed to new replies.