Help Desk

Available Ticket Counter not functioning

Hi, on my website I set a max number for capacity on an event as well as a purchase limit, but neither is updating the Available Ticket section, which just reads “Unlimited.” I need to be able to restrict number of participants and have our website cut off ticket sales when that limit is reached. Wondering if it is possible that the stock management system for Woocommerce (which I have turned off) is interfering?

Hi Sean!

Thanks for reaching out to us! Let me help you with that issue.

If you are using WooCommerce, you should make sure that you have enabled the option to Enable the Stock Management by going to WooCommerce > Settings > Products tab > Inventory

Additionally, the stock management should be enabled at product level, which you can verify by editing the ticket product in WooCommerce, under Inventory tab.

I hope that helps. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

Hi Victor, that worked, thanks. The remaining issue I have now is that any orders that are not completed (ie system timed out, or order is pending payment and not in completed status) are still counting against my available stock in inventory management. Even if I throw the incomplete order into the trash, it still counts against available tickets. Any ideas on that one? Thanks.

Hi Sean!

Thanks for following up with this. Glad to know the inventory setting worked out.

Regarding the orders not being completed and counting against the inventory, this is the default behaviour from WooCommerce. I believe mainly to prevent oversells.

For unpaid orders “timing out”, there is a setting to adjust the time to hold products for a certain amount of minutes. When that limit is reached, the pending order is canceled. You can learn more about this setting here > https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/configuring-woocommerce-settings/#inventory-options

As a reference, let me point you to the following article about refunds and cancelled orders > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-cancel-tickets-order/. It will give you a general idea of how to restock a ticket.

Additionally, let me share this article > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/woocommerce-specific-ticket-settings/ about WooCommerce specific settings that will allow you to control when should attendee records be generated and when should the ticket emails should be sent to the customer.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Best,
    Victor

Thanks, that’s kind of what I thought. I checked all those settings out the other day and that was the way it was seeming to behave. Not the greatest solution for our business model, but we’ll make it work. Thanks. I’ll read through the links above in case I missed anything.

Sure thing Sean! Thanks for keeping me posted.

As you marked this “Resolved” I’ll go ahead and close it, but feel free to open a new topic if anything comes up and we’ll be happy to help 🙂

Cheers,
    Victor

The topic ‘Available Ticket Counter not functioning’ is closed to new replies.