Autoptimize cause an issue with the last release (4.4.5)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Autoptimize cause an issue with the last release (4.4.5)

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by emanuele.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    emanuele
    Participant

Hi Support,
    I’ve update your plugin(s) at the last release on my staging version of my website – http://www.staging1.eventimarcheoggi.it
    I found a (big) issue on my photo view, the “next events” button at the bottom of the photo view does not work.
    Clicking on it, all events disappear and the new events page never appear.
    Deactivating the plugins, I found the issue is related at the famous “Autoptimize” plugin. With it deactivated, all works fine.
    I will not update now the events calendar on my live website, cause autoptimize is a very very important plugin.
    Hope you can consider to fix it, or take a look.
    let me know if you need logins details.

Waiting for updates, thanks in advice,
    Emanuele

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Emanuele!

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’m really sorry you are having this issue.

This seems to be a JavaScript issue. The Events Calendar JavaScript files are already minified so you don’t need to minify them using the Autoptimize plugin. We’ve had several reports before on issues when minifying our scripts, so I would recommend you try excluding our files from being minified and see if that solves the issue.

Another thing to try would be to clear the cache for all minified scripts. I think Autoptimize has that option.

Let me know how it goes and if you have other questions.

Best!

Victor

emanuele
    Participant

Hi Victor,
    I’ve followed your suggestions but it’s not easy, autoptimize is not an option for my website, which is builded with betheme and revolution slider so deactivate the JS options mean, seriusly, an totally useless website to rebuild.
    So I’ve try to exclude your events calendar JS by the automptimize settings:

– tribe-events-pro.min.js
    – tribe-events-bar.min.js
    – tribe-events-ajax-maps.min.js
    – tribe-events-photo-view.min.js?

but I have not resolved anything, with exclusions combos too. With some esclusion the layout crash (don’t understand how it’s possible), with other nothing happens and the issue persist.
    Have I missed some other JS to exclude? Or How can I exclude it by another options? Or what other thing I can do?
    Unfortunatly I seriusly can’t deactivate the JS option of autoptimize, a 7/8 seconds loading time page means an entire website to rebuild, change your plugin will be the only sick but realistic opinion to consider in that case.
    Your plugin had no one conflict issue until the 4.4, and in my humble opinion a conflict with autoptimize is something you should consider a big priority 🙂

Let me know and thanks in advice,
    Emanuele

Victor
    Keymaster

Hey Emanuele!

Thanks for coming back to us and letting us know about what you found so far.

I will try to help you in narrowing down the problem.

First, I would recommend you make all the tests with a default theme like twentyfifteen. This is to make sure no other theme conflict is taking place. After this, do you see any difference?

Then, I would make all the tests in the default calendar url. In your case I see it’s this one > https://www.staging1.eventimarcheoggi.it/prossimi-eventi/

Have you tried changing to different settings in the Autoptimize plugin before excluding out plugins files?

If you still can’t solve the issue, please provide me with a link to your testing site with only The Events Calendar, Events Calendar Pro and Autoptimize activated and then send us the system information for that staging site by copying and pasting it in a private reply. We will have a look at it and see if we can narrow down the problem.

Thanks!

Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Autoptimize cause an issue with the last release (4.4.5)’ is closed to new replies.