Automatically Tweet Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Automatically Tweet Events

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I would like to have the calendar automatically send a Tweet out when an event happens. So, for example, if an event is slated for Aug 22 at 6 pm and I post it now. When the event time arrives, a tweet will be sent out saying, “NOW: Event Name @ URL”.

Is this possible?

Joyce Grace

Hi Joe, You could try the 1-Click Retweet / Share / Like plugin by LinksAlpha. I’ve used it for “regular” posts and if you set it up with their service it will tweet out posts and pages for you automatically.

The thing to know is that events on The Events Calendar are actually posts (they are a custom post type to be exact). So perhaps the 1-Click Retweet plugin will work with Events too. You’ll have to try and do let us know how it goes! I’m sure other users will benefit from it.

The thing I’ve found though with that plugin is that if you are not careful, and accidentally publish something you do NOT want to be tweeted and Facebooked out to the world…well, it can cause mistakes 🙂 BUT, they do have an option where you can uncheck on every page and post if you want it automatically syndicate the post for you to your social networks. It’s just that if you forget to uncheck it, that’s when mistakes happen.

Finally, what I’m not sure of, is if their interface will integrate with the Events Calendar editing pages.

But do try and let me know!

Hi Joyce, I will look into it when I have the chance… I was really hoping for something integrated into the plugin though… bummer. Thanks though for the tip. If I have luck with it, I will let you know.

Joyce Grace

It’s a great idea, but probably something we won’t be able to get to for a while, since the core function of our plugin is to handle the events themselves. That being said, we are pretty new here, so hopefully as time progresses we’ll be able to add in all these little tweaks 🙂

I consider the ability to promote events on Social Media a bit more of a “core” function for an internet Calendar, but I do appreciate you probably hav a lot going on. I hope you can get to it sooner rather than later though 🙂
    Thanks.

Joyce Grace

Hello Joe,
    We do have a lot of feature requests, enough to probably last us a year to work on, in addition to continual upgrading of the core files. If you only read through the many forum posts here on the support forum, and on .org, you’d get a pretty quick idea that supporting an maintaining a plugin is a lot of work. You should see how many staff members we have working on all this stuff too! 🙂 There are five of us JUST doing support – not even coding the actual plugin and releasing updates to the software.

It’s surprising (I found anyway, when I crossed over to the support side of things), how many people and man hours it takes to execute something that seems so simple to a front-end user. Even theme integration with other prominent themes out there, just so the calendar looks good right out of the box, can take hours and hours of coordination with external organizations, not to mention the coding work that has to be done by multiple developers at both companies. So you can appreciate that something like an automated tweet, which can probably be handled by a free plugin in the WordPress repository, may not make it to the top of our list for a while 🙁

That being said, why don’t you try the plugin I suggested. If it works, it would solve the question for the people that are also wondering 🙂

Having done CS before, I appreciate how much work it takes. Thanks. As I said, I will try when I can make the opportunity.

Joyce Grace

Thanks Joe

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Automatically Tweet Events’ is closed to new replies.