Automatically remove events from WordPress when deleted from Google Calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Automatically remove events from WordPress when deleted from Google Calendar

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Trey Gallant
    Participant

Hi there!

First off, the Events Calendar plugin is awesome! We have used your plugin for years and have found it to be the best calendar option out there. We recently setup the Event Aggregator plugin on a client’s site and are pulling in several Google Calendars into the site. Unfortunately, I wasn’t aware of it at the time, but the plugin doesn’t remove the events from the site when they have been removed or edited from the Google Calendar.

I’ve seen several threads on this earlier in the year, but was just curious as to if/when this is going to be added. I really hope it is, because I’m afraid the client will want to go another route if not.

Thanks again!

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I’m glad to hear that you like our plugin. I will try to help with your question.

Depending on your settings, you should be able to update events on your site when they change on Google Calendar. However, you are correct that events are not removed from your site when removed from Google Calendar.

Unfortunately, I don’t see this being added as a feature. There are many reasons why this wouldn’t be a good idea for most people. Mainly, letting an external calendar dictate content being removed from your site would result in many people inadvertently having their events deleted from their site. That being said, please feel free to visit our User Voice Forums and suggest this as a feature.

I do know of a snippet that was provided by another customer, but it is geared toward a specific use case. You can check that out here: https://gist.github.com/andrasguseo/7cd929b9188bf83f1090fcc72a30ac95

It requires all the events to have a single specific category. You can set this up as part of the update, but I’m not sure how that would handle events with multiple categories.

If you do want to try that snippet, you can just drop the file in your plugins directory and then activate in Plugins. I recommend making a backup before you try this though, to make sure you don’t lose any events accidentally.

Hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Automatically remove events from WordPress when deleted from Google Calendar’ is closed to new replies.