Automatically publish logged in, hold for review logged out.

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Automatically publish logged in, hold for review logged out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    longmontwebsite
    Participant

Hey guys, I’ve been scouring the forums for an answer and I must have missed it. I want logged in users to be able to have their events published automatically without moderation, but general submissions to go into the moderation queue as usual. I’ve tried creating a new user role that can add Tribe events and so on, but they still go to moderation. Is this actually possible? Thanks!

Casey D

Hello longmontwebsite,

Thanks for contacting us! Here is some code that should do what you are looking for.

It assumes you are allowing anonymous submissions, but default status is still set to ‘draft’.

https://gist.github.com/caseypatrickdriscoll/7a76948390b12e4a9f75

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

longmontwebsite
    Participant

Hi Casey, thanks a lot for taking this on! I pasted the code snipped into the functions file, and the problem is that logged out anonymous users are still able to post (and it goes to the moderated queue, as it should) but when a logged in user tries to submit an event I get the message ‘WordPress failure’ and ‘Are you sure you want to do this?’ – but there is no yes/no option. And ideas? Thanks!

longmontwebsite
    Participant

Hi Casey, I actually found a workaround: simply redirected logged in users directly to the Events dashboard page, restricted their access, and abandoned the front end for logged in users altogether – kept it just for anonymous users. But you set me on the right track, so thanks a million!

Casey D

Hello longmontwebsite,

Happy it worked out!

We’d love it if you would leave us a review and let people know how much you like the plugin! http://m.tri.be/jt

I’ll go ahead and close this thread. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Automatically publish logged in, hold for review logged out.’ is closed to new replies.