Automatically import from Google calendar not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Automatically import from Google calendar not working

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Joe
    Participant

Regardless of changes to the school Google calendar, Event import didn’t occur automatically. It was set to import at 5pm every Wed. For your convenience, I have attached the screenshots below:

Import automatic setting
    http://d.pr/i/20bJRM

Import history
    http://d.pr/i/I5GmZT

Schedule import
    http://d.pr/i/BIdy6F

Manual import does work.

Nico

Hi there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sorry to hear about this issue 🙁

We are aware of a bug affecting scheduled imports in Event Aggregator, in fact we just shipped a partial fix (we understand this will not fix the issue for some cases). Let’s see if the fix works for you:
    – First of all please update The Events Calendar and add-ons to the latest version.
    – Re-create the schedule import.
    – Wait until the next run of the schedule import.

Regarding the last point, if you can do it today that’s great as it’s Wednesday. If not just set the import to the same day you are trying it so we can check in the same day if it works and not wait a week to confirm this.

Please let me know how this goes,
    Best,
    Nico

Joe
    Participant

I have updated the plugins on the website. The automatic import which was set to 2:30 on Thursday didn’t start.

Nico

Thanks for following up and sorry for the delay in my reply, I was out sick on Friday.

I just reached out to our main Event Aggregator developer and our support manager to inform this is still an issue for our customers. I’ve opened a new internal ticket so we can continue the work on this issue and related it back to this ticket so we can keep you updated about the progress of the fix. I’ll probably have some follow-up questions, but want to wait for the dev reply to see which information is useful for development to gather.

One quick question about your feedback: Did you delete and re-create the import? Some users reported this step make it work for them.

Unfortunately for now you’ll have to rely on manual imports, I’m really sorry about this.

Thanks for the patience while we work on this.
    Best,
    Nico

Nico

Hi,

Thanks for the patience here! A new maintenance release + 2 hotfixes for Events Aggregator were released last week. More information in the release notes and hotfix notes.

We have been doing extensive tests on the scheduled imports issue, but we cannot reproduce the issue unfortunately which makes it difficult to work on a fix for it. Using the database dump of one of our customer we could pint-point a side issue which fix can help with the issue (this patch was released in the hotfix). If you are still still experiencing difficulties with Scheduled Imports, the next step would be to have a database dump of the site with the issues so we can inspect it and try to find the culprit (be sure to mark the reply as private if you send the dump).

To re-test this on your site, follow these steps:
    – Update The Events Calendar to the latest version 4.5.12.2.
    – Delete one of the scheduled imports.
    – Re-create the scheduled import and monitor the results in the History tab.

Truly hope this helps, but if not we will firmly continue to help 🙂

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Automatically import from Google calendar not working’ is closed to new replies.