Automatically Checking Google Maps Boxes for New Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Automatically Checking Google Maps Boxes for New Events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Goldford
    Participant

Hi,

We’d like to be able to automatically check the “Show Google Maps Link” and “Show Google Map” checkboxes when adding a new event through the WordPress frontend.

I see the following code in venue.php:

I know this file is used for new event submissions and edits. Is it possible to set those inputs to checked only for new events?

Thanks a lot.

Jonathan

Casey
    Participant

Wiredimpact,
    Let me check with our developers to see if something like this would be possible. Please stand by.

Jonathan Goldford
    Participant

Thanks Casey. It looks like the lines of code were removed from my forum post, but I’m sure you understand what I’m referencing.

Thanks.

Casey
    Participant

Yes, I do. We’ll keep you posted!

Rob

Hey Jonathan: just wanted to give you a heads up on things here. Casey is out (in Ethiopia!) for the next week or so, but the forum will be monitored by Julie from our team in his absence – and I’ll be checking on this one personally for you to ensure it keeps moving. I’ve just fired off a checkin to our lead dev here and will keep you posted as to what comes back.

Thanks for your patience so far on this end, and hope all else is well. Let me know if you need anything else in the interim.

Rob

Hey again Jonathan. I spoke to our lead developer on Community Events this afternoon, and he looked into this for us. Looks like the best approach for doing this on the Community form would be to override the modules/venue.php template. Then change line 173 to:

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/7125938

It isn’t currently possible in the admin, but you do raise a good point about the fact that this isn’t as easy as it should be. I’ve created a ticket to add filters in a subsequent release that take care of this. In the interim though, please let me know if the above solution gets you where you want to be. Thanks!

Rob

Any thoughts here Jonathan? Just wanted to check in to make sure you’d seen my reply here. Please let me know if we can get you anything else on this front. Thanks!

Jonathan Goldford
    Participant

Hey Rob, thanks for looking into this and I did see your note. We have a couple of things we’re doing for this client, so I was going to try to tackle them all at once. I plan on taking a look this afternoon and will get back to you.

Thanks again.

Jonathan

Jonathan Goldford
    Participant

It looks like I won’t be able to take a shot at this in the afternoon like I planned. I’ll be out of town on vacation next week, but will get back to this the following week.

Feel free to mark it complete and I can always open up a new thread if needed.

Thanks.

Jonathan

Rob

Not a problem at all! Thanks for the update Jonathan. Since this isn’t as high traffic a forum as PRO there will be no problem leaving this open. Just let us know when you’ve had a chance to give it a shot and we’ll follow-up as needed from there. Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

Jonathan,
    Any updates on this? Just let us know if you need further help with this issue, and if not, we’ll go ahead and close this thread out. Thanks!

Jonathan Goldford
    Participant

Hi Casey,

We’ve had some other things come up and this keeps getting pushed down on the priority list. If you guys need to close it I totally understand. Otherwise, I’ll let you guys know when I’ve had a chance to try it out.

Thanks.

Casey
    Participant

No worries! We can leave this open and I’ll just check back in periodically if we haven’t heard from you. Thanks!

Jonathan Goldford
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your patience Casey. I really appreciate it.

Casey
    Participant

We’re here to help! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Automatically Checking Google Maps Boxes for New Events’ is closed to new replies.