Autocomplete not working

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Autocomplete not working

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Lisa
    Participant

Hi there,

I’ve been trying to get the autocomplete working for some time now, and see with interest that there are a few new ideas working for others.

I added this code to the functions.php in my child theme as recommended on several threads (and seems to be working for everyone else..!) https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/automatically-complete-orders/ Howver it doesn’t work for me.

I also reinstalled the plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-autocomplete-order/ but again, the orders don’t complete.

What I am seeing is that each order is in the processing stage and can be either manually processed, and then completed, or straight into complete. I’ve looked through every setting possible to see if I can change the completed order page the client sees from Order Pending, but I can’t find anything there.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Lisa

Hunter

Hey Lisa!

Have you tried adding the code to your parent theme’s functions.php file rather than your child theme? If not, give that a shot and let me know how it works out. We also incorporated new settings in a recent release, so please review WooCommerce-Specific Ticket Settings tutorial to see if any changes have the effect you’re going for.

If neither yield the ideal results, we’ll continue investigating. Thanks and have a pleasant rest of your day. Cheers!

Lisa
    Participant

Hi Hunter,

I have already seen the new Ticket Settings – it doesn’t help with the autocomplete however!

I have now added the code to the parent theme functions.php file and the results are the same. The order sits on processing and has to be manually completed.

Thanks for your assistance
    Lisa

Hunter

Hey Lisa,

Thanks for the update. Can you send over exact step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the behavior on my test site? We’ve got a few bugs which might be related, but I’ll need that information before I’m able to make an informed decision.

Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your day. Cheers!

Lisa
    Participant

Hi Hunter,

I have disabled all plugins that aren’t relevant to Events Calendar and Woocommerce (except Wordfence) and changed themes to twenty10 and the orders still don’t autocomplete with the woocommerce code added to the functions.php file.

I don’t know how to suggest to test this. I’m using Mollie as the payment gateway and see from other posts that most other people don’t have this problem!

These are the ticket settings:
    When should attendee records be generated?
    As soon as an order is created
    Completed
    -are ticked.

When should tickets be emailed to customers?
    Completed
    -is ticked.

The order sits at processing, and when you complete it manually it says in its status that the Order Status has changed from payment pending to complete, so could this be something? Payment is completed as expected through Mollie, so don’t really understand why it says payment pending..?

We don’t receive emails when the order is created, so having to check for orders manually so that we can complete them. Not ideal!!

Thanks,
    Lisa

Hunter

Hey Lisa,

Thank you for the detailed response. It might be best you set up a fresh WordPress installation where you can fully troubleshoot the issue. Make sure you have only the default WordPress Twenty Seventeen theme, The Events Calendar, ET/ET+, and WooCommerce installed and activated on the test site. Please review our Using One License for Live and Dev Sites and Moving Your License Keys tutorials for more information.

Always make sure WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG are enabled on your site’s wp-config.php file. Any errors will display at the top of your page and in your server’s error logs as you try to reproduce the conflict. I also recommend right-clicking your mouse and opening the ‘Inspect’ tool to see if any errors display in the console. Note what you find and please include it in your reply.

I don’t have the Mollie extension you’re referring to, so I’m unable to fully troubleshoot the issue. We aren’t permitted to dedicate too much time on conflicts with plugins by other authors barring extreme circumstances, but if you send a .zip of the latest version of Mollie, I’ll see what I can come up with.

I also created a functions.php file on Pastebin (click to view) which includes the code from WooCommerce which autocompletes orders automatically, so if you wouldn’t mind, replace the contents of your Twenty Seventeen theme’s functions.php file with the contents of the Pastebin code I shared with you. Once you’ve done that, go through the process of purchasing a ticket and let me know if it has any effect on the behavior.

I see in your System Information you have Easy WP SMTP installed. That plugin should ensure emails get delivered properly, so I’m not sure why you’re having email delivery issues. Have you reviewed the WooCommerce > Settings > Emails tab to ensure the options are set to your liking?

Please keep me updated and have a pleasant weekend ahead. Cheers!

Lisa
    Participant

Hi Hunter,

I’ve set up a test environment, installed the basic woocommerce plugin and Mollie extension and the events calendar, event tickets and event tickets plus plugins.

(Interesting that the zip file I just downloaded from your site for the-events-calendar.4.4.4 doesn’t install from within the wp-admin and gives a white screen and no sign of the plugin when refreshed – php error?).

Then I started looking at your information about license keys. I could test this on a local server, but it will mean I can’t test it fully as I need to be able to get through the payment options, and can forsee problems with this.

Can you please let me have a temporary license key for testing purposes?

Thanks,
    Lisa

Hunter

Hey Lisa,

You should be able to temporarily deactivate your license key on site A and enter it to site B as outlined in our Moving your license keys tutorial. Did you try that? If not, please give it a shot and let me know if you need further assistance getting your license squared away on your test environment.

Thank you so much for bearing with me while we go through the hoops. Hopefully your legs aren’t getting too tired! Have a good evening 🙂

Lisa
    Participant

Hi Hunter,

Its a live site that is taking registrations regularly, so I can’t do that. My client is already at their wits end!!

Lisa

Hunter

What is your dev environment URL? As explained in our Using One License for Live and Dev Sites tutorial, you should be able to use one license on your live site and dev site.

Are you able to get the orders set to ‘Complete’ with the Mollie Extension deactivated? As previously requested, can you share a .zip file of the latest version so I can test on my local site?

Have a good weekend! Cheers 🙂

Lisa
    Participant

Hi Hunter,

The URL is http://lemonberry.com/bihtest/

My testing does seem to be working without a EventTicketsPlus key though…??

The autocomplete works fine with cheque payment enabled, but not with Mollie.

Attached is the latest version of the Mollie plugin.

Thanks!
    Lisa

Hunter

Thank you for sending that over. Please allow me enough time to test things out and investigate the matter further. If you don’t hear from me within 24-48 hours, please feel free to ping me and I’ll be sure to reply back with what I’ve learned. Thanks again!

Lisa
    Participant

Hi Hunter,

How’s it going? Did you find anything yet?

Thanks!
    Lisa

Hunter

Hey Lisa,

I installed and set up the Mollie extension but ran into the same issues you’re experiencing. I’m also strangely experiencing the same behavior using PayPal, so I’ve brought this thread to the attention of a few support team members to find out a) if a bug is present or b) if there is a simple change of settings/options which will accommodate marking orders through Mollie/PayPal as “Complete”.

Similar to the last time, if you don’t hear back from me within 24-48 hours (realistically Monday due to the weekends being a bit slow), ping me for an update. Have a pleasant rest of your weekend!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Autocomplete not working’ is closed to new replies.