Auto-Import Not Working

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Auto-Import Not Working

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    tkwalker
    Participant

Hello,

My auto-import for the Facebook Events plugin is not working. I have it set to run hourly. Seems to be something with the latest plugin as I’ve never had a problem with earlier versions. Can you look into this? I will share my login credentials via private post.

TK Walker

tkwalker
    Participant

This reply is private.

tkwalker
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jami
    Blocked

Hi Tekerren,

It’s great to hear from you again! Hope you’ve been well. 🙂

I want to first mention quickly that we won’t be able to login to your site directly so those details have been removed here. I apologize for that.

As for the issue you’ve come across, I’m hoping you can provide a few more details. Are you receiving any errors in your server log? Were you also able to implement the custom cron job you were looking into a few weeks ago?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
    Jami

tkwalker
    Participant

Hi Jami,

I didn’t attempt the custom cron implementation from the previous posts because I didn’t have a clear enough path of implementation. If you have a clear guide on this, I’d be very happy to try that path.

As for the server log, I just logged in to Bluehost and below is the latest errors, which doesn’t appear to be related.

[Wed Apr 29 20:02:02 2015] [error] [client 198.57.188.103] client denied by server configuration: /home/eventgra/public_html/wp-content/uploads/wpcf7_captcha/[email protected], referer: http://www.eventgrabber.com/advertising-packages/
    [Wed Apr 29 14:02:40 2015] [error] [client 198.57.188.103] client denied by server configuration: /home/eventgra/public_html/error_log
    [Wed Apr 29 06:37:07 2015] [error] [client 198.57.188.103] client denied by server configuration: /home/eventgra/public_html/error_log
    [Wed Apr 29 02:29:36 2015] [error] [client 198.57.188.103] client denied by server configuration: /home/eventgra/public_html/wp-content/uploads/wpcf7_captcha/[email protected], referer: http://www.eventgrabber.com/advertising-packages/
    [Mon Apr 27 03:27:31 2015] [error] [client 198.57.188.103] client denied by server configuration: /home/eventgra/public_html/wp-content/uploads/wpcf7_captcha/[email protected], referer: http://www.eventgrabber.com/advertising-packages/
    [Thu Apr 23 20:25:44 2015] [error] [client 198.57.188.103] client denied by server configuration: /home/eventgra/public_html/wp-content/uploads/wpcf7_captcha/[email protected], referer: http://www.eventgrabber.com/advertising-packages/
    [Wed Apr 22 11:55:34 2015] [error] [client 198.57.188.103] client denied by server configuration: /home/eventgra/public_html/wp-content/uploads/wpcf7_captcha/[email protected], referer: http://www.eventgrabber.com/advertising-packages/

TK

Jami
    Blocked

Hi TK,

Thanks very much for pulling up those server logs. I agree that they don’t seem to be related. I’m hoping you can give me a few more details about your site then:

Can you estimate the number of Facebook IDs you’re auto-importing?
    Have you added any other plugins except Tribe Events plugins to your site?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
    Jami

tkwalker
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jami
    Blocked

Hi TK,

Thanks so much for those details and for your patience while we were looking into this. I’ve attempted to replicate this on my own local environment and with the events ID provided, there are possibly thousands of events which is causing a memory allocation error. I suspect this may be related to the reason your events aren’t importing too.

A few things I’d like to try:

1. Check with your host to increase both your max_execution_time and default_socket_timeout settings. We can try to increase the time available for the importer to work its magic.

2. Give our beta version of the Facebook add-on a try which includes a few improvements when handling large event imports.

Let me know what you think about giving those things a try. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
    Jami

tkwalker
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me. What should my max_execution_time and default_socket_timeout settings be increased to to handle large event imports like the sample I gave you?

Also, I have downloaded the latest Facebook plugin as well. I have version 3.9.4. Is this the latest?

TK

Jami
    Blocked

Hi TK,

Setting your max_execution_time and default_socket_timeout to 300 (5 minutes) should be a good place to start.

You mentioned that this issue didn’t start until you updated to the latest version (3.9.4) so before we try anything else, let’s go ahead and roll you back to the 3.9.3 version. That version should be available in your downloads page.

It’s also important that we check the import with just Modern Tribe plugins activated so make make sure you deactivate the other plugins for now too.

Let me know how that goes.

Kind Regards,
    Jami

Jami
    Blocked

Hi TK,

I haven’t heard back from you in a while here so I’m going to close the thread. Please feel free to open a new one if we can help with anything else though!

Kind Regards,
    Jami

George
    Participant

Hi TkWalker,

Just wanted to chime in here because we are, indeed, going to close up this issue since it’s been a while since your last reply.

I hope things work out for you, there are some inherent limitations to the size of queries, especially if you’re hosting your site on a shared host or anything.

Best of luck with your site!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Auto-Import Not Working’ is closed to new replies.