Auto import from Facebook not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Auto import from Facebook not working

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    André
    Participant

Hi! I’ve seen some topics with the same title but they don’t seem to cast any light on how to fix it. Its not auto importing from Facebook not even with a short list of pages 5 or 6 to collect events from.

Is there any setup that needs to be done in the hosting services?
    How do i make it work?

Thanks!

George
    Participant

Hey André,

Sorry to hear about these issues!

1. Can you confirm whether manual imports work or not?

2. As for the scheduled imports—how much traffic does your website get? Many visitors per day? Or has it just launched or something and so it might get many frequent visitors?

3. Were scheduled imports working before, then stopped working? Or have you not been able to get scheduled imports to work at all since you bought and installed the plugin?

Thank you,
    George

André
    Participant

Hi,

1. Manual works;
    2. 30 to 40 people a day;
    3. They never worked.

Thanks

George
    Participant

Thank you for clarifying these details!

1. If possible, can you share the links to the Facebook Pages that you are trying to import from?

2. Are there any pages that DO import fine? Or do all imports fail no matter what?

3. I noticed that you’re using Community Events version 4.0.2 on your site—I doubt this is a factor here, but just to be certain, can you ensure that you update to the most recent version, which is currently 4.1?

Thank you!
    George

André
    Participant

Hi thanks for the support,

1. sure heres the id’s i used (short number)

fabricabracodeprata
    coliseulisboa
    casadamusica
    VoidCreations
    centromariodionisio

2. all seem to fail.

3. just in case i’ve disable it im not using it now.

Thanks
    Andre

André
    Participant

Any idea?

George
    Participant

Hi Andre,

Our support response times are one reply every 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

I have taken the IDs you provided and have set up some automatic imports on my own site to test. I will let you know how things go after I let some imports run.

In the meantime, I was wondering what you find when you click the “Facebook” tab in the Events → Import page in your wp-admin? On this page, there should be a list of event titles from the pages you supplied, like in this screenshot:

Do you find that your page looks something like that?

Thank you,
    George

André
    Participant

Hi! Thanks! Yes it does looks like that.

George
    Participant

Excellent!

Okay, so one additional and essential test I can think of here is for you to download and install this free plugin → https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-crontrol/

That will let you manually run the “automated” task of Facebook event imports so that we can see if that works. If the manual import works, then we can confirm that the issue here is the cron task not being run.

So, once you download, install, and activate that plugin, a new menu item will be available in your wp-admin under the Tools admin menu. This new item should be called “Cron Events”—click this page, and you should see a list of cron events. Find the one that is called tribe_fb_auto_import and click “Run Now” next to it.

See this screenshot for reference:

1. Does this run successfully once you click “Run Now”? Give the page a few seconds to “work” after you click “Run Now”.

2. After doing this, if you head into the admin page for Events do you see events from those pages imported correctly?

This works well for me. Here is a screenshot of many events from those pages successfully imported into my site: https://cloudup.com/cwrDwPN0pl5/f

Thank you!
    George

André
    Participant

I’ve been trying but as soon as i activate that plugin it shows me this message and never gets out of it unless i manually delete the files of the plugin through FTP connection.

George
    Participant

That’s interesting, @André. I’m sorry to hear about it, but it seems to reveal that there is something happening on the level of your server that is preventing some basic plugin functionality on your site.

I would recommend contacting your web host about both issues here, and inquiring about what might be causing this. Ask if they have any limitations in place for Cron jobs, or see any errors in their server logs for your site. They may be able to shed some light on these odd issues.

Thank you for your patience!
    George

André
    Participant

It worked now. I did what you say and it says ” cron successively executed.
    Now when i go and check the admin events import i can see that it has in fact imported 12 new events, but there were more to import, this means it will take another 24h to import again? and finish?

Thanks,
    Andre

George
    Participant

Interesting findings, André. So we know that import works, sort-of, but there are two problems:

1. Not all events are retrieved.
    2. The cron process / automated imports don’t seem to be working.

I’m scratching my head over this behavior, and am sorry to say that at this time the best thing I can think of is something arising from the level of your web server.

I would thus recommend contacting your web host to see if they can spot any limitations on their end of things or any oddness in their server logs.

I will keep trying to think about what else could be causing these issues in the meantime, but wanted to encourage these actions to help move things forward.

Let us know what your web host’s support folks say, if you’re able to contact them.

Thank you for your patience!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Auto import from Facebook not working’ is closed to new replies.